Sara wanted me to blog about her big day today. She had a congenital mole (a mole she was born with) removed from her left hand. This type of mole has a higher risk of later becoming a melanoma (scary cancer) than a regular mole. We have a family history of melanomas so the doctor wanted it removed for preventative reasons.
The doctors office called yesterday and said they had an opening for surgery today, so Sara and I had a last minute date at the Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa at 6:30 am this morning.
Sara was very brave and little excited to go. Here is a before picture.
The doctors office called yesterday and said they had an opening for surgery today, so Sara and I had a last minute date at the Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa at 6:30 am this morning.
Sara was very brave and little excited to go. Here is a before picture.

Having fun coloring while waiting in COOL hospital jammies.

Shortly after waking up from the surgery, enjoying a popcicle. She was starving, but totally out of it. She had to fast before the procedure.



Brave girl! Cool scar! It does look like a football, just in time for college football to start this weekends.
ReplyDeleteHer hand looks really sore. I love the bit about the football, it does look like one. I still can't believe how grown up Sara is! It seems that people, especially kids are frozen in your mind looking like they did when you last saw them. She sure is a cute girl!
ReplyDeleteWow, you are so brave Sara! Those are some nice stitches! I had a mole removed from my face for the same reason - must be a Sara thing.
ReplyDeleteSara,you are such a brave girl.and soooooooooo pretty too, even when you had to have surgery you had a beautiful smile on your face!! May God bless you as you heal and always love from cuz Sandy
ReplyDeleteWhat a brave girl. Love the half-dozed after surgery picture. I feel like that alot.
ReplyDelete