I got some new beads from my generous friend Jen, and I had to buy a few with all the good sales in the last week. So, I had a lot of fun relaxing making some jewelry over Christmas break. Sara and I had some good girl time together beading and watching old movies... "Pillow Talk", "How to Steal a Million", "Court Jester" and "Brigadoon". You can't go wrong with Dorris Day, Rock Hudson, Danny Kaye, Gene Kelly, Peter O'Toole (oh, those blue eyes!), Aubrey Hepburn... etc.
Here are a few of my creations.

I had a hard time getting a good shot of this because it is so sparkly and shiny.

Such a fun chunky bracelet!

I love this necklace. It has an antique feel to it. I have to keep it because Jen gave me a lot of the beads. I usually give away most of the jewelry I make, so it is great to HAVE to keep some. Thanks Jen.

This bracelet was one of my favorites! So girly.

Creating things, be it sewing, beading, photos or whatever, is such a stress reliever for me and so much fun. I love it! I also LOVE to share and give things away. I am so happy!
Love them!! What a super fun activity for you and Sara. I bet she will cherish making jewelery with mom!
ReplyDeleteThey look great! - and I agree - making something with my hands is relaxing - and...fulfilling (that's the only word I can think that describes it)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!! LOVE the flower beading! You've got skills girl!
ReplyDeleteVery Cute! All of it. You have a good friend on your hands.
ReplyDeleteI have a small photograping tip...if I may.
To photograph sparkly things of course.
Turn your flash off. If you need the light. Open a window, or go outside. Real simple, but it works!
Hi Steph.....I love the jewelry that you make...you are multi-talented!! I still have my very special earrings you made and wear them proudly,,,,in the summer only! I don't wear too much jewelry in the winter,,,,it gets sooooooo cold here that I'm afraid I'll loose an ear with the earring when I go to take them off tee-hee....actually, it has been below zero for about 2 and a half weeks with wind chill factors up to 50 below zero at times yikes, Wish I was there with all you guys ....I'm getting too old to try to survive in these below zero temps.....oh well, it's hibernation time for us here in the northland anyway. Love and Gods blessings to you all......I have the pic you sent me on the refrigerator so I can see you all time......Cuz Sandy
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to see what you create. You are talented.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I can't help but admire your very tan and shiny waxed arm, but I hate to be the one to tell you...you are missing a hand.