Monday, June 14, 2010

Tuesday at Temple Square

Tuesday, after Memorial Day, we spent the better part of the day at Temple Square. I never get tired of going to Temple Square, and neither do the kids. The feelings of the Spirit there are such a powerful witness of God's love for us. I am always grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony of the temple and being sealed for time and all eternity with my children.

It was kind of a rainy day so Laney and Zanna started the morning off this way. They were super cute but it didn't last long. Susanna was really struggling with not having a regular schedule.


This one was not of anything in particular, other than I just like to have a few shots of all my kids. I am always amazed at what they look like all together. Sometimes 9 kids in a photo doesn't look like as many as it sounds like, and other times it looks like a herd.

Not a great shot, but I wanted proof that I was on the trip too.

Josh got this shot of the Temple. I thought it was a pretty one.

At one point I looked over at the kids and they were all staring up at Jesus. It was such a sweet moment. I tried to catch it on film with out telling them to pose, so Laney had turned around before I got it. Still a great moment though.

Drew at the scene of the wreck

When we were at Temple Square 4 years ago, a sweet old man, one of the grounds keepers, offered to give Drew a ride in his little golf cart truck. He put Drew up on his lap, excited to give this sweet little boy an exciting ride. Drew suddenly jumped out of his lap grabbed the steering wheel and floored the gas. The man was shock and disoriented. In the meantime, Drew popped the little truck up over this huge granite curb and ran it through the flowers into this lamp post. When they hit the post, Drew's face slammed into the steering wheel and he got a big, bloody, fat lip. The poor old man was so rattled as he ran for paper towels to stop the bleeding. I'm pretty sure he would never again be so quick to give rides to sweet looking little boys.

Susanna would not keep her shoes on and she demanded to push the stroller. She could barely reach the handle and it was fairly cold out for her little tootsies.

I though this was sweet. Josh took a picture of Zanna's foot print.

The new temple model in the visitors center was so cool. There are cut away portions of the side walls so you can see where the rooms are in the temple. The display had just opened 4 days before we visited, so we were excited that we were able to see it. It was beautiful and fascinating to see the placement of the different rooms.

On the temple steps


I always like to do head shots of the kids in the temple gardens. With the stormy skies the lighting was great. They aren't amazing, but I love the one of Laney. There are a few forced looking smiles and Zanna would not cooperate at all. She was still in her stroller. Oh well.


















After Temple Square we toured the Conference Center. We have done it before, but the kids love it, and I love for them to feel a connection with the leaders of our church. It is fun to walk where they walk and see the thousands of empty seats that are filled during conference time. We sat and listen to the organist for awhile too. Such an amazing building.

It was a great day and I am glad we get to go visit there every couple of years.

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous, in a non-sinful way, that you got to do all that stuff with your kids. So fun! Funny story about "the wreck." I'd forgotten about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids' pictures sure show they are growing up...fast. I'm so glad you got to get away and have a good trip.
    I missed you, though.

    ReplyDelete