Thursday, February 17, 2011

“Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence

I just read, “Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence” by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.

As I read this article, I could hear Elder Holland's loving, powerful voice telling me:

-Trust the Lord.

-Trust in those experiences that have confirmed my faith.

-Do not let my guard down.

-Satan is ALWAYS seeking a way to destroy me and my family.

-Personal revelation happens as often as I seek it, especially as I seek it with urgency and real intent. Knowledge of the spirit is revealed to my
heart AND mind.

-Have patience and know that after I have acted in faith, I WILL receive that which God has promised me.

-NEVER draw back, this is a battle; the Lord will win; I will fight with God!

-Doubts and confusion will pale when I measure them against the real thing, my testimony of what I know is true, of what brings me joy and happiness.

-Fear is destructive and paralyzing. I will not let it keep me from moving forward with faith, even when the test or trial seems insurmountable. Through the Lord all things are possible.

-Heed the words of Moses, "Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord. … The Lord shall fight for you.” I am not alone in this.

“Brethren [and sisters], shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory!” (Joseph Smith)

Life happens, trials, questions and doubts will come. As they come, I will go forward with courage and be victorious, conquering all that stands in my way through humility, submissiveness, hard work and above all relying wholly on the grace and mercy of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

What a blessing it is to have this knowledge. I am grateful that the Lord knows what I need to hear and sends me answers and strength in my times of need.

2 comments: