Monday, April 23, 2012

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

(I thought that I had posted this a couple of months ago, but apparently I forgot to hit the publish button.  Oops!)

Our ward youth participated in the Surprise Stake Roadshows.  Each ward had 12 minutes to present their show.  They did an amazing job.  Their leaders, writer, director, choreographers... etc, did an awesome job coaching and teaching them.  The theme was Arise and Shine Forth.  The premise of their show was a young man deciding whether or not to serve a mission for the church. You can watch their show  here.  It's 11 minutes long.

In the opening Josh was the star, doing a mock up of this Old Spice commercial.  I was surprised, when I heard him practicing, at how low his voice has gotten.  I thought he did a great job being the cool return missionary or RM.  It was also funny that Josh played the older version of Sam, the Preemie (pre-missionary).

I don't have a picture of it, but if you watch the video you can see after the scene of Sam waking up, Tim rolls across the stage to remove his bedding from the stage.  They told all the prop guys that they were Stage Ninjas.  Tim had fun going along with that idea.





This scene was awesome.  It was cleverly written and the choreography was great.  I loved how well the kids played their Mario characters.




I loved the slow motion to the Chariots of Fire music.  It was a great way to start the scene.  Tim cracks me up again in this scene when he is kissing his muscles and showing off.  The boys all did a great job with their mad swimming skills.


   
I don't have a picture of the angel jumping on Sam's back, but that part is muffled a bit and you can hear the angel explain that he is a "shoulder angel".  You know the kind that sits on your shoulder and tells you what to do.  So he is not attacking Sam, just trying to take his proper place on his shoulder.


 I love that Sam is holding Tim up there by his pants.  Tim kept leaning forward so Sam had to grab on to the back of his shorts.  Sam's cheer training really helped out in this show with his jumps and with lifting Tim.

I could not have been more proud.  They put a lot of hours into this in a short amount of time.  They had to squeeze practices in between Sam's cheer (they are getting ready to go to Nationals at the end of the month) and tennis schedule, Josh's track schedule and a big physics project (he along with another boy in the roadshow and a girl from school have had to build a car out of cardboard that Josh will be driving through a course at school.  BIG PROJECT!) and Tim has been being the school mascot at his school sports events.  They have been running ragged, but they have had a good time and the results were great!




1 comment:

  1. It turned out so cute. I really enjoyed watching it. You've raised some mighty awesome kiddos. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete