It has been a busy summer so far. We started with Sam and Josh going to DC, with my mom, to visit my sweet Aunt Kathy. She showed them as much of DC as they could squeeze into a week. Their trip will be coming in another post. We, at home, began the summer with Sara's birthday. Then we got a bunch of drawing books from the library. We spent a week drawing animals, fantasy creatures and faces. The kids are quite artistic. Daniel drew every face in one of the books. It created a cool collage of cartoon faces.
Josh spent about 4 hours dreaming up and creating this piece of origami from a 12 X 12 piece of paper. It would also fold down into a little square. It is crazy the things that that boy can think up.
Sam lined up all the kids to give them a treat he bought for them in DC. It has been a while since I got a picture of them all lined up. They have grown a lot!
Hooray! Lollipops from Mount Vernon!
Thanks Sammy!
We took a trip to Pratt's Pets. The kids LOVE to hold all the animals, especially since I am a no pet mom. I just don't need one more thing to take care of. I guess I wouldn't mind a cat, but I am just too allergic to them.
The kids have done a lot of cooking this summer too. They have made fried eggplant, tons of cookies (several varieties), waffles, pancakes, homemade spaghetti sauce and one of my favorites... ONION RINGS!
Jessi and her girls spent the night last Sunday and on Monday she helped Josh and Tim make DELICIOUS onion rings. We ate them all day and by evening felt a bit sick from all the grease, but I would definitely do it again, or rather eat them again, I didn't do any of the work.
We have had a plethora of Lego creations, block buildings and train tracks built. I love to watch their minds and hands at work. Nate took some pictures of one of his buildings.
Today we worked on some Faith in God and Duty to God achievements and Josh and Tim made triple chocolate cookies (super dark, divinely chocolatey!).
Daniel has started piano lessons, joining Tim, Sara, Nate and Drew. My brother Gavin is an incredible teacher. We are lucky to have him.
The twins and Daniel had Cub Scout Day Camp last week, Sara is at Girls Camp this week and Richard, Josh and Tim are headed to Scout camp next week.
I am excited about the rest of the summer, but it is flying by WAY too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment