Monday, August 13, 2012

The Jordan River Temple

Our last Saturday in Salt Lake City we made a trip to the Jordan River Temple.  This was Sara's first time inside the temple.  She just turned 12  at the end of May and was excited to share this experience with Ashley and Andrew as well as her older brothers and Mom and Dad. Richard and I had never been to this temple before so it was new to us too.  We were planning to take them to the Salt Lake Temple, but it was closed for maintenance.  

We stopped for some pictures outside first.  The clouds were unreal, they were so gorgeous!  The inside of the Jordan River Temple is beautiful too.  






Sam got a few fun pictures of the temple, of course.


We had such a wonderful time in the temple.  It was truly a beautiful experience to be there with our four oldest children.  There is no place on earth that brings me such a feeling of peace and eternal love.

As we walked out of the temple doors, I was completely surprised to be treated to this view.

I always think of the temple as being the "view".  And while the temple is amazing, walking out to see the mountains across the valley, framed by beautiful trees and clouds was stunning!  

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Jordan River Temple. My Trimble grandparents' farm is right by it on 90th and 1150 West. I remember we slept outside on the lawn one night when we were visiting, and we could see the temple all lit up.

    Mike and I were married there because I just thought it was so much prettier than Mesa. I'm glad I did because my Grandma Trimble worked there for 20+ years and none of the other grandkids got married there (they all wanted Salt Lake). It was really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like it was a great day! It is sweet to be in the temple with your children.

    ReplyDelete