For the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet, they had the scouts make cakes with their dads for dessert. Daniel and Richard made an awesome campfire cake. I was proud of how great it turned out. They worked hard on it and it showed!
Daniel warming up over the flames
I was one of the back stage mom's at Sam, Josh and Tim's amazing Millennial Choir concert, To Be American, narrated by Glenn Beck. The music was incredible! The narration was wonderful too and the American historical artifacts that he brought (George Washington's compass, a Civil War drum, etc.) were awesome!
I fell in love with about a hundred boys, high school tenors and basses, all darling and talented.
But I especially loved these three guys!
It was a wonderful year of driving (1 1/2 hours each way) once a week to practices with Sam, Josh, Tim and Victor. I learned a lot about dub-step, every other genre of music and all sorts of silliness. Surprisingly my eardrums are still intact, and Sam didn't fall out of any open doors on the freeway.
Sara is excited to join the choir next year. I can hardly wait for their recording of To Be American to be available for purchase. I am dying to hear it!
No comments:
Post a Comment