Sunday, November 19, 2017

Over half way through November???

I'm working on costumes again this year for the Legacy school play, Beauty and the Beast. I opted not to make the Belle ball gown. It came in the mail this week and Laney tried it on, right out of the package, hence the wrinkles. She crossed her eyes to match.


Daniel and I have been working on a Christmas piano duet. The other evening he was on the floor playing with Sara and had taken off his glasses. I called him over to practice with me, so he hurried over. We both love to play piano together, so he was excited. Not even a minute later, we heard Josh crunch something as he stepped backward. It was Daniel's glasses. Oh well, he was due for an eye exam anyhow.

He said he could still wear them on his bad eye, ha ha!



Sara had a fashion show at cosmetology school. The theme was Anything Flies. The models styles were inspired by swans, a bee, a butterfly, a UFO, angels, a pegasus, a pig (when pigs fly, lol), etc. It was great and super creative.


Sara's and her partner's model was a peacock. They had to make there own costumes as well as do the styling. Sara did the hair, her partner did the makeup and their model made the costume. I thought they did a great job!




I loved her hair!



Later that evening, our friend Desiree came by with her daughter, Gracie, and their puppy, Dinah. The kids had a wonderful time running around the yard playing with Dinah. It was great to visit with them. It's been a while since we've seen them.


Friday, Josh worked a half day and then left with Leigh and her family for Disneyland! I asked them to send me lots of pictures, and they did a good job.



They found the dinosaurs of Cabazon, California! Always a fun stop.



Her sister, Kara, gave Josh a lift.


Josh tried raw fish for the first time...


And he loved it!


Here he is the next morning, at breakfast, in his new Mickey shirt. He's so excited to go to Disneyland!


So cute!!!!


He was given this hat while he was on his mission, so it says Elder Alger.


Lovebirds!!! Too cute!

Some of Leigh's family
brother Micah, Josh, Leigh, cousin Lupe and sister Kara


They are on their way home now. They had a wonderful time!


Sam came to church with us today instead of going with the young adults. I was sweet to have him on the pew with our family again.


After church, he and Sara were being so cute together, but as soon as they saw me get the camera out they got all silly.






No comments:

Post a Comment