Sunday, September 23, 2018

WE ALGER!!!

 Leigh's parents traveled to Idaho to visit them. I know Leigh especially was happy to see them and to show her folks her around Rexburg. They all had a great time!



They went to the apple orchards. Some of Leigh's cousins joined them.




This week at home has been crazy as usual. I love being in school and I love being a mom. Sometimes it is a bit overwhelming trying to do them both well. Being a mom will always win on important things, but my kids are learning that I can be with them and do homework at the same time. They are hearing lots of classical choral music and seeing nerdy music theory YouTube videos. It's fun to share new things with them.

Sunday night, I slept over at my parents house so that Sara could take the car and sleep at Sam's house. She wanted to wake up on the other side of town so she wouldn't have so far to drive Monday morning for her state board cosmetology practical test. She felt good about her test and we are waiting for the results. 

My mom took me to school Monday morning. It was strange being at school without Sara. I enjoy seeing her around campus during the day and in the math class we have together. My mom brought me back to her house after school and I cut her hair. She was threatening to cut it herself if I didn't do it. It turned out really cute! It looked even cuter in person.



Thursday, Josh Jensen sent me a text saying he wanted us all to meet him at the temple before choir practice. The kids were all in school already, so we dashed texts back and forth with everyone and worked it out. Sara and Laney couldn't go since choir starts earlier for them. They were bummed to miss out. However, the boys loved going to the temple and then to choir! It was an awesome evening for them.
 Josh Jensen knows how much I love pictures, so he took a few for me. I love all these guys!

Josh Jensen, Daniel, Andrew, Noah Fechter, Josh Jordan and Miles Spencer





The kid's choir friend, Livvy Bentley, made this. This how she remembers the pronunciation of our last name. I liked it!



Friday evening we had a bunch of choir kids over, mostly from our side of town. It's nice to have so many MCO kids in Surprise now! Josh Jensen and Ammon Andreason drove from Queen Creek and Gilbert to join us. We had homemade mac 'n' cheese, Italian sodas and peanut butter brownies. 

Freddy and Ammon
Ammon said we had to take this picture for Tim. He loves reading Tim's emails every week!



Daniel, Isabelle Hunsaker and Rachel Smith



Laney, Josh Jensen and Sara



Morgan came with Noah



Andrew, Susanna and Lauryn Burr



We talked, played games and DANCED! It was a wonderful evening with some of my very favorite people!

No one wanted to get up Saturday morning. We were all wiped out from partying. Sara and I did homework all day, the kids did chores and then they were off in the evening with friends. I was so tired!! I went to bed early, well, early for me.


Also this week, Sara made a couple of bookmarks for a friend's birthday gift. She painted both with watercolors. She wrote scriptures on the back to go with her art. They turned out so beautifully!



Here are the backsides.


No comments:

Post a Comment