Let me start by saying this photo does not do this situation justice. I was shopping at Wal-Mart with baby Daniel and the almost 3 year old twinners. I had them tied, sitting down in the basket of the cart with the long rainbow shoe laces that I ALWAYS kept in my purse to contain my little busy bodies. I used them like seat belts. I had Daniel buckled up in the part by the handle of the cart. The twins couldn't stand or reach out of the cart so I knew I was good to do my shopping. I needed to get blue paint for the pine wood derby. I let Daniel hold the paint since it was plastic wrapped and he was only 8 months old. I didn't figure he could get into trouble with it and I didn't want it in the basket with the twins. Well, of course Daniel dropped it in to the basket and I didn't notice. I was in the girls section looking at clothes when I noticed that the twins had opened the bottle of paint and had been putting it on like lotion. It was ALL over them and the cart. My clothes were ruined, having blue grid lines from leaning on the side of the basket to clean them up. I got paper towels from the lady at the dressing room area. She stared at the idiot mother trying to wipe up the quickly drying blue paint on her little cuties. I was so embarrassed. Lots of more stares came our way. The paint you see in the photo is what was too dry for me to wipe off. They were COVERED in paint before the wipe down. I didn't have a digital camera at the time so I stopped my buddy Jen's house and had her snap on for me. I knew I needed this moment documented.
This is the photo from upstairs. Sara and I were doing a photo shoot of her pretty Sunday curls. She was having fun modeling for me. She is a delight! Here are a few more shots.

Now I am tagging 6 friends: Dandi, Jessi, Nan, Jen, Leilani and Emily.
Love the little smurfs !That is one thing I learned from you, no matter how upset you feel always take a picture! I remember you saying something like that in your motherhood talk that you gave once at enrichment. Such cute kids Steph!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! LOVED the post. You amaze me. Moments like that are NOT to be forgotten. Glad you can laugh about it! ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't do your tag, because you still haven't done mine!
ReplyDeleteGavin Ely to me
ReplyDeleteshow details Oct 21
So i have decided that you are the coolest. I love your blogs... bytheway, (tee hee) YOu look beautiful! I am glad you had a wonderful experience... how did it feel being only three hours away from me? I like that photo tag that you had... those were really cute pictures of Sara. I remember when that story about the twins happened... i laugh pretty hard for the second time. I think i mention you almost everyday amazing... so have you read the new eragon book? or are you too busy with Stephenie Meyer. How are they? what are your kids up to doing now? are they doing any sports? i am gald that your kids are enjoying piano! Are they getting pretty good? are any of them becoming singers? well i love ya! take care! Gavo
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Too funny!!!!
ReplyDelete