Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Family Photo Shoot - The Outtakes



We this as close as we are going to get to looking like our Stick Family. I am a bit curvier than my Stick self. This is one of the fun outtakes from our family photo shoot. We took 74 shots and I don't think we even got one where everyone is looking at the camera and smiling; some everyone is looking and some everyone is smiling but never all together. That is just what happens when you have eight kids 2 to 13 years old all trying to time their smiles with getting the 7-month-old baby to look at the camera. It was hilarious trying to convince them to let Gram get Zanna's attention and not to do it themselves. Here are some of my favorite out takes.


In this one Laney is trying to help Zanna stop crying.

I just loved Daniel's roar, and Laney looking at the sky.

Richard and I are the only ones looking at the camera. I think Richard is just waking up though, or falling asleep.

12 comments:

  1. I am soo glad we are not the only ones...and we have no excuse with only 3 boys! We took our family pics on Monday night and I honestly dont think there will ONE with everyone looking or smiling! I am actually sad I paid for it! We will see how they turn out. I am thinking I may just send a true to life Christmas card this year with all the silly pictures and Brycee trying to run away in EVERY shot!! Miss yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me smile! What a gorgeous family you have. Your kids look so happy and are so dang cute! Can you just imagine what your family will look like years from now. You will have such an amazing posterity, not to mention six missionaries! You continue to amaze and inspire me Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family! What a great group of fun-loving kids! ya know, of all of our wedding photos, the "candid" ones ended up being our favorites, and I've found that to be true of our family. However, we'll still strive for that "posed" one where we all look. I haven't even tried to arrange a family picture for this year. Procrastination at its finest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HEART FAMILY PICTURES. How I wish we had digital when I was growing up - outtakes are the best. My mom used to make us kids do a pyramid - I'm surprised no one ever broke an arm - and those outtakes would have been hilarious. Normally, if a picture was actually taken, it was right before we all came crashing down. Hey, just think - one more makes a perfect pyramid - oh, come on, it's something to think about. Yup, count on me for the deep thoughts and good reasons to have more kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such an adorable family- love the top picture like the sticks. Then I love the last- too cute that not one kid is looking at the camera. I cant even imagine getting pictures with that many kids- you are such a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really really love the pictures. They are so creative and cute. my personal favorite is the stick family picture at the top. Way cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are truly memorable!!!! what a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to do a xmas card just of your outtakes. They are just so the Alger family. They were fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steph - very cute! My favorite is the last one. I like the pictures that show personality. :)

    debi

    ReplyDelete
  10. With such serious parents as you and Richard are, I have a hard time believing that this is your family... The best is Nate or Drew making the face in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...what craziness!! How fun!!

    Randi

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT Pictures and true to life!!!!! Cute family!

    ReplyDelete