Friday, November 14, 2008

Time goes too fast....

I was planning to post my Halloween photos, but I haven't gotten them from my mom yet. She came over and took a bunch of shots for me, but she has been swamped with a stake play and being sick the last few weeks. So, maybe I'll post them for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Here's our pumpkins. The kids did a good job designing this year.










Anyhow, life has been speeding by. I really feel like time is going faster. Things I used to be able to get done in a day seem to take longer. It isn't that I am slower, if anything I am working harder but it just seems that the day is over after it has barely begun.

Someone, the other day, mentioned hearing a quote from Joseph Smith about time literally speeding up in the last days. I cannot find such a quote. If any of you have heard it or can find it please comment on it.

I did find a quote from Spencer W. Kimball. "In my estimation, the Lord’s time table is directed a good deal by us. We speed up the clock or we slow the hands down and we turn them back by our activities or our procrastinations."

I guess because I am procrastinating less, time is going faster?? This must be good news, it just doesn't feel like it, right? I am working on being balanced, but I am not really doing anything extra. Laundry, bathrooms, grocery shopping, yard work, organizing the pantry to fit all the groceries,

homework, preparing Sunday School lessons, loving and playing with the fam, mopping, cleaning up thousands of dead bees from the beehive we had treated in our tree (Sam is deathly allergic),

nursing the baby (Boy, bottles are tempting!), making dinner for our small army, holding a sad baby girl...etc...


I love my job, I just wish sometimes that I could be finished with everything and feel free to do other good things. Or even just to stand back and look at the finished product of all my labors. I guess I won't be doing that until I die, which I am not planning to do for a long time (I want to see my gazillions of great-grand kids.).

Pretty much, my life is wonderful, just a little overwhelming at times. I am happy to have so much to do!? I am never bored!

6 comments:

  1. You leave me absolutely awestruck with all you do and your absolutely fabulous attitude. I may just have to write you a song too...

    My guess is that someone was talking about the recent RS/Priesthood lesson in Chapter 21 of the Joseph Smith book. He says: "When I contemplate the rapidity with which the great and glorious day of the coming of the Son of Man advances...(page 254)" I don't believe that time actually speeds up or slows down, but perhaps since the Lord will not come until all things are fulfilled in preparation for His coming, perhaps it says that we are stepping up to the plate and therefore that day is approaching rapidly. Let me know if you find anything else. I'm not saying that it's impossible for the Lord to speed up or slow down time, I'm just saying I don't think that He does...but of course He could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I knew this day would come... :)I think of you just about every day wondering how you do it. And every time I see you, you have a smile on your face and make it look so easy to have 9 children. I really look up to you and your great attitude. Of course you have a lot to accomplish in a day so you have every right to say you are a little overwhelmed. But your doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where are you putting all those great deals????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pumpkins, love the updates, and love that you're a mother of 9. You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! I agree and feel the same way you do and I worry about/try to do all the same things(minus the bees!) I think you do a great job as a mother...and that is the most important thing! Everyday I try to remind myself of how bored and lonely I will be when my children are raised:)HaHa Although, I am sure we will all be just as busy then!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful, compassionate, loving, talented, SMART, and about a gazillion other wonderful things, but you are also my dearest friend.

    ReplyDelete