Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Genealogy and Family

My Mom and I had a wonderful trip to the South.  We chased down some genealogy leads and visited some of the places our people lived and worked. We got to visit with Jeff and
Sherrian in Chattanooga and Gram and Kathy in Columbus. It was wonderful to get away with my mom.

Some of the sites in Chattanooga



A glass bridge, I was terrified, but I did cross it.



The countryside was gorgeous!



We had to get some Krystals, of course.



This spider web was HUGE.  It was in the trees next to a cemetery we were visiting at the little church where my great-great-great grandfather, Joseph Robertson Hood, served as their minister.



Gram and Kathy ready to go out for dinner.

We went out to eat with my cousin, Daniel.

I loved this picture of my Grandpa Ben. He has been gone for 6 years now.


No comments:

Post a Comment