Thursday, May 20, 2010

We Have A Freshman Among Us

Sam is officially done with Elementary School. How time flies! He went to his 8th grade promotion dance and dinner yesterday evening looking handsome and sleek. These are a few pictures I snapped before he went. What a cutie he is!



These next few are from today's promotion ceremony. Every time Sam was called up for an award there were many screams and cheers from the girls. He has become such a ladies man with having spent the last couple years hanging out with the cheer team as the mascot. (He can't wait to be 16 and date, but I am alright with him having a couple more years with me as his date.)

Getting his certificate of promotion from Ms. Buck our wonderful principal


Sam and Travis have been great friends through most of elementary school. We look forward to many more years of friendship with the Klippels.


Sam is an excellent student. He checks his grade almost daily and is always working hard to keep them tip top. I figured he would get recognition of some sort for his straight A's, but I was super proud to see him receive four individual recognition awards. He was awarded trophies for Principal's Honor Roll, Highest Achievement in Science, Art Student of the Year and P. E. Student of the Year. He certainly worked hard this year and I was glad he could be honored for his achievements.

It is truly an honor and a blessing to be his mother. I love you Sammy!!!!

9 comments:

  1. What an amazing son! Congratulations Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great accomplishments. Definitely choosing the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - Can't believe he's going to be in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful kids have wonderful parents to back them up. I think you have such amazing kids because y'all are great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rebecca. We do our best, but I think we got some pretty amazing kids to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so wonderful it brought tears.

    Love Papa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how old he is getting. Too cool! He's getting so handsome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH! I can't believe how old he is! How exciting for him and you guys.

    ReplyDelete