We arrived just in time to see the Cougars' final basketball game, so sad. Then we went out to Zuppa's for delicious soup and salad with Kim. We spent the rest of the evening visiting and stayed up too late, of course.
These two adorable monkeys kept Cadie and I entertained, especially Cadie. She has a way with little ones. The big kids were at school so we didn't see much of them this time.
The day surprised us with snow. It was gorgeous and luckily did not cause us any difficulties with driving.
We went to lunch at Mimi's with some of Kim's family to celebrate some birthdays. I love this family. They are easy to be with and lots of fun.
It is always hard to leave. Kim is a kindred spirit. I could talk with her forever. Thanks for having us over for the night. It was a delight!
Provo was beautiful with fresh snow and fog on the mountains. Cadie and I agreed that it was great to visit, but we like warm and sunny AZ.
We met up with Mom and the 3 of us stayed with Richard's Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Randy. I am sad that I didn't get a picture of them this trip. They are two of the most hospitable and enjoyable people I know. They are always smiling and fun to be around. Uncle Randy loves to tease and fooled me at least a couple of times.
Friday night, Mom went to Gavin's concert. She is an awesome mom, attending both of his concerts. If only we had known how good it was going to be, we would have seen it twice too. It was that good. Then we met up at Gav's apartment for some silliness and yummy chicken quesadillas.... mmmmm. We got back to Marilyn and Randy's by midnight, my mom went to bed and Cadie and I tried to sleep, but mostly had fun talking until 3am. CRAZY!
We slept in a bit and got over to Gavin's about 10:30, we were suppose to be there at 9... oops, sorry. He was waiting for us to make us biscuits and gravy for breakfast. We had eaten already, so he graciously made them later for lunch.
Gav made lunch and we watched "What's Up Doc?" one of my favorite movies ever. So funny!
We went to the matinée concert. It was FABULOUS!!! They sounded amazing and had such personality. They sang everything, Latin, love songs, hymns, crazy animal songs (SO FUNNY!), and songs from China, New Zealand (Maori), Scotland and Hungary. We loved it.
Gavin looked handsome in his choir suit and Mom looked so pretty with her hair all curled. Seriously, she is pretty much the cutest mom ever! I love all these shots of the two of them.
Cadie and I had no problems falling right to sleep. We were all exhausted and our tummies were still not feeling well.
Sunday, we said goodbye to Marilyn and Randy. Thank you so much for letting us stay with you both. Then we got on the road. We stopped for Sacrament meeting in Nephi and then drove on home listening to conference talks and beautiful music. It was great to talk about spiritual things together and enjoy the company. I love my Mom and Cadie! I hope we get to go on another trip together. It was nice to get away for a few days, but great to get back home to all my cuties and my own bed. I really LOVE my bed.
I am grateful to my darling, sweet, wonderful husband for making this trip possible. He took over all the home operations beautifully, even a surprise/forgotten camp out for the big boys. He is the best.
Sounds like you had a blast!
ReplyDeleteIt WAS the best! xo
ReplyDeleteYou are so gorgeous. I love those snow pictures. (but just in pictures - I am not a fan of snow in person - although I am a fan of you in person AND in pictures. Oh geez, that doesn't even make sense. Are you even allowed to have more text in parenthesis than out when you make a comment? I'm pretty sure I'm breaking some rules here.)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! I'm so glad you got to go & 3 cheers for Richard for making it possible!
ReplyDeleteOooohh girl talk, food, snow, family....it all sounds so wonderful!
ReplyDeletemom looks awesome with her hair like that and her bangs all blunt!!! Love it!!!
ReplyDeletejealous of all the fun! good times for all of you!
sara makes my heart happy as well...