We were not going to have a garden this year since we were ripping out all the landscaping, but it was just too sad to think of a year with out tomatoes. They are our FAVORITE! So we threw one together. We also planted dianthus (edible flowers), cucumbers, muskmelons, rosemary, thyme and tomatillos.
I didn't get pictures of the cucumbers, but we have lots of them and they are yummy and fresh to munch on too.
We will have to wait and see how the muskmelons do. They have pretty flowers all over them.
The little girls go out theiving in the tomatoes. They love to sneak out in the morning eat them before everyone else.
And I just read that tomatillos don't pollinate well if you only have one plant, that's what we have, so we will have to try again next year. Oh well.
I love gardening. It is fun to see everyone in the family putting effort into something that we all can enjoy for months and months.
My hubby would come steal all those tomatoes. From the pictures, your tomato plants look fairly shaded...how much sun do they get. We haven't had luck with, well, anything, and suspect not enough direct sun is the culprit.
ReplyDeleteThey are actually in full sun most of the day. The shadows you see are from the tomato plants themselves. It is because the are such close up shots and I had to get in the plants a bit to show you the tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know dianthus were edible - learn something new everyday. Blog reading isn't just for entertainment. :)
ReplyDeleteI want a pumpkin at halloween time, is it time to plant it now? Last time I did it they were ready too early. I am hoping to do a fantastic fall garden since I didn't do a summer one this year. I'm jealous of yours. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know dianthus were edible! Your tomatoes look so yummy! What's your secret with getting your kids to eat them?? Enjoy that AZ sun!!
ReplyDelete