It was a great summer, but boy did it go by fast! And OH SO HOT!!!!
I know I included this picture before, but now it has new meaning with Gavin and Cadie's up coming wedding. We had Gavin and Cadie over for a game night. We played Motor Mouth (a tongue twister game). Gavin still didn't realize he was in love with Cadie and Cadie was doing her best to be polite about it. It was a crazy game (and so was Motor Mouth). giggle, giggle, hee
We did a little swimming at Ben and Nan's.
We watched fireworks at Grandma and Grandpa Alger's with all the Ely gang and some of the Alger gang. It was an awkward night for Gavin and Cadie, since Cadie brought her new boyfriend Wes, and Gavin had just figured out the day before that he was crazy about Cadie.
We made some yummy new foods like Coconut Milk Cake and Sam's cheesy garlic tomato bread, using fresh tomatoes from our garden. Mmmm!
Here's Drew showing off his happy racing face.
We had fun watching the twins compete in the Pine Wood Derby.
Drew and Nate
Nate getting ready to race
Yes, I know that they are not wearing their Scout shirts. We hadn't been able to find them for months. They are so expensive that I was not about to buy two more shirts. We found them a few weeks later when we were sorting a giant bucket of legos. They were buried under tons of legos. No one put them there though, of course.
Laney got some new clothes in preparation for starting Kindergarten.
We had a fun eating an unusual dinner of grapes, Jarlsberg, Pepper Jack and sharp cheddar cheese, almonds, baby blueberry bagels, strawberry yogurt and cranberry, pomegranate and apple juices while Dad, Josh and Tim were away at Scout Camp. It was yummy and great for summer. The kids said they felt like we were Greek.
Susanna
Drew, and no, I did not just catch him at an awkward moment, he posed that shot.
Nate
We went and visited with Grandma and Grandpa Alger several times this summer too. The kids love to see them and play in the yard. It is great to hear all the family news and stories too. We love them bunches!
I was sad to see summer come to a close, but the school year is off to a great start and we are already making plans for next summer!
Hearing the stories of Gavin and Cadie sure do make me glad I'm not in the dating world. Ugh. So glad they found each other...and realized it. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your Motor Mouth game comments :) But I'm most impressed that you can actually lose stuff in your bucket of Legos!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun summer! It is crazy how big everyone is getting:)
ReplyDeleteSummers go by way too fast!
ReplyDelete