How embarrassing! I still haven't blogged through Christmas yet. It has been a really busy January.
For our family Christmas Eve tradition, we meet with the rest of the Ely gang at the Glendale Care Center and go caroling. As you can see the singing did not wait for the Care Center. We had a full on show for us in the car. The kids, lead by Sam and Victor, sang every song that came on the radio with full choreography. It was hilarious. To be honest, they had some pretty good moves and for making it up on the spot, they did a really good job of synchronizing.
Like I said they were a riot.
Gram and Papa have lots of Christmasy hats and aprons for us all to wear as we spread Christmas cheer.
I didn't get any pictures of us caroling, but what we do is follow one of the workers around the halls of the whole center while singing to, smiling at and hugging all the sweet people that live there. It has become one of my favorite traditions. It is great to see them singing with us with "their eyes all aglow". One older gentleman pulled out his harmonica and began playing along with our singing. He was right on key and joined in perfectly. I was amazed at how good he was.
It just feels right to start Christmas Eve by loving lots of sweet grandmas and grandpas. It melts your heart and prepares you for celebrating the gift of the Savior's life.
This is a fun tradition!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tradition! I want to start it with my family.
ReplyDeleteI love "service" traditions...and - I wish I could've been in the van on the way there. :)
ReplyDelete