The most looked forward to event of the year has been visiting our dear friends, Kim and John and their family. Our kids have talked about almost nothing else this summer. They are all the best of friends. They were so kind to let us stay 10 nights with them.
We arrived Friday evening and had delicious Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner. Yum! We got settled and visited until bed time.
Saturday the real fun began. Everyone gets along amazingly well. We had almost no arguing or injuries during our stay, which is incredible considering we have 15 kids between our two families, from 4 to 16 years old.
A bit of Star Wars
Some Julian Smith
There was an epic battle, the Nerf kind, all over the house. This went on for hours. The kids were hilarious.
I asked Ashley to show me her war face.
Andrew protecting Sara and Laney
That night we all went to the drive-in with Kim's sisters Jennifer and Tiffany and their families, to see a double feature, Brave and The Avengers. Richard popped at least 10 batches of popcorn for us to take along. The kids piled on top of the van and their Sequoia to watch the movies. It was a bit stressful and hard to see during Brave, but The Avengers went pretty smoothly as most of the kids fell asleep and a lot of the cars left because it was so late. We got back to the house around 2:30 am and had everyone in bed by 3:00 am.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the sunday pictures. What beautiful families!! I'm so happy seeing all of the fun you guys had and I'm completely jealous when I imagine the weather you were able to experience!
ReplyDeleteHoly late movie! We've seen both those movies too and like them a lot! 10 bags of popcorn sounds really yummy right now!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful family photos!
ReplyDelete