Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Susanna's 5th Birthday

Susanna turned 5 yesterday.  I can't believe that my baby is 5!   On the other hand, it seems like forever ago that she was a toddler always walking around with an apple core hanging out of her mouth.  


She still eats apples all of the time, but she is reading and writing and doing chores; she is super independent and has been for a long time. 

My sister, Dandi, is super cool and always makes her kids awesome birthday cakes.  My kids saw her awesome Ninjago (Lego ninja) cake she made last week and asked why I never make them cool cakes.  I am more about taste.  I like to make something that tastes amazing and I don't really care about it being fancy.  So for Suzu, I decided to go for looks.  She loved it.  We spent the day yesterday picking out a picture of how she wanted it to look and what colors she wanted and then she sat by me while I made it.  It turned out really cute!  


Susanna wanted soup for her birthday dinner.  I let her tell me everything she wanted in it.  She helped put the chopped up veggies in the pot.  It became a beef stew.  She was so proud that she "made it out" (made up the recipe) all by herself with a little help from me.


Everyone was excited for present time!




She got everything she wanted, which at our house is unusual, but I got the Ariel doll really cheap after Christmas and the rest of her wish list was pretty inexpensive.


She LOVES "lips".  Chapstick, lipgloss, lipstick, you name it, she loves it!


She had been wanting a new coloring book that was just hers for a while.


She got up early this morning to get her room cleaned up and get ready for the day so she could watch her new Barbie movie as soon as the big kids left for school.  Boy was she motivated!




It was a great day together.  She was so happy.  At the close of the evening she snuggled her daddy and fell asleep in his arms.  It was as perfect of a birthday as it could be!

3 comments:

  1. I love her snuggles. It is one of the best things about being a daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Happy birthday Suzanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake turned out awesome! Great job! Happy Birthday Zanna zoo!

    ReplyDelete