Monday, February 17, 2014

Beach Day!

Our last day on our Cali trip we spent at the beach before heading home.  It was quite foggy, which was new to us desert dwellers who RARELY see fog.


This little island was pretty far away from me so I used my telephoto lens, but you can see the fog really well.  It was kind of scary trying to keep track of all the kids but the did a good job of following the rules and sticking together.


Sam was showing Daniel and Susanna all the hermit crabs.  They caught several to observe, not to keep, and had a lot of fun with them.


 
 Here we all are, oldest to youngest, in all our beach glory!

Richard

Stephanie

Sam

Josh

Tim

Sara

Andrew

Nathan

 Daniel
 

Laney

Susanna

 

 
It was all wonderful until Laney got stung by some creature in a pile of seaweed.  It was pretty painful, but luckily I had Benadryl and Advil on hand and gave it to her right away.  She was feeling much better with in 1/2 hour.


After cleaning up from the beach we piled in the van to go home.  Here are my crazy travelers.  They do a great job on long drives, thank goodness!  It helps when you have music, movies, a Wii U, several DS's and Ipods.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such fun. You have such a wonderful family. I am proud of the mother job you did. I think it had to do with all the attention I gave you as a baby!

    Ha ha ,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete