Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Cinematic Pop Concerts

This last weekend I got to perform with my fellow Cinematic Pop members at the Mesa Arts Center.  It was AWESOME!  Two sold out shows!  Rob Gardner, the director / composer, is a genius at arranging and orchestrating iconic pop songs into something moving and beautiful. It is such a privilege to be part of this group and it is SO MUCH FUN!

Our biggest Youtube hit is Halelujah, with almost 1.3 million hits. You can see all 6 of our videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkyCGwxwh1F2Y3d1397A11Q.  And we have 9 songs on Spotify.

For these concerts we added 10 songs to the 9 we previously recorded.

The full concert list was:
Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Tears For Fears)
Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
Friday I'm in Love (The Cure)
Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol)
Sail (AWOLNATION)
Listen to Your Heart (Roxette)
Somewhere Only We Know (Keane)
First Light ( New Song by Redhill)
Human (The Killers)
One (U2)
Titanium (Sia)
Like Memories Do (New Song by McKane Davis)
More Than a Feeling (Boston)
Rolling in the Deep (Adele)
So Low (New Song by Redhill)
Sound of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel)
Reign of love (Coldplay)
Fix You (Coldplay)
Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)

Silly boys


They are so handsome, when they want to be.  ;)



Tim with his beautiful date, Rebekah.



Sam with his lovely date, Makenzie and Sara and me.

  

I love these cuties!  Ben and Dandi



Ben came with my pretty Momma.


I was glad Sam got to talk with Rob for a few minutes.  Rob is one of his heroes.  His music, The Lamb of God, has gotten Sam through some of the tougher times in his life.



Jen and Jason, who didn't lean in for the picture, came also.  I love Jen and that I got to share the night with her.  


I wish I had gotten a better picture with Nelly and Lilly, but mysteriously we had extra tickets so they got to join us last minute.  It was awesome!


We had several other friends come that didn't make it into pictures, the Megan and Joey Fechter, Darrin and Julia Yazzie, Quinn and Suzanne Kellis, and a bunch of friends from the Millennial Choir my kids are in. It was an amazing night!

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to have your concert available on CD? I heard some of the songs on Facebook...loved them!! There are so many songs there that I adore and would love to hear performed by a choir. What a cool experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are available here:
      http://www.cinematicpop.com/songs/
      Cinematic Pop is also on Spotify. We are recording more, not sure when yet. They are also planning to tour,i would guess Utah would be on the list.

      Delete