Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Let the good times roll!

 We've had lots more fun and adventures this week.

Tim, Sara and Makaila got to hang out some.


Thursday, we were able to go tour the new Tucson Temple. Sara wasn't able to join us because of cosmetology, but luckily she was able to see it with the young women last week.


It was beautiful! We are so blessed to have temples all around us.
I loved the colors and design of the interior.  The use of the cactus flower and ocotillo were the perfect touch for this stunning desert temple.

The Celestial Room

Papa and Gram went on the same tour as us. 


Dandi and some of her kids went on a tour early that afternoon. We saw them leaving as we arrived.  We stopped by their house on our way home to visit for a couple of hours and grab a bite to eat. It was such a treat to get to sit and talk while the kids ran around playing.  I loved every second!



Friday morning as I went to wake  up the kids (they would sleep all day) I found Tim and Sara talking and studying the scriptures together.  They are such good buddies.  It will be quite an adjustment when Tim is gone.


Saturday morning the new flooring was laid in Jessi's front room.  She will be able to rehearse and teach dance there now.  It is beautiful!  Susanna helped Papa and Mike, a friend of Papa's, to put the base boards on.  She loved every second.



Saturday evening, I had Sara cut my hair. I was bored with it and told her to give me lots of fun layers and to trim the length a bit. She cut 6" off of some of the layers. I freaked out a little as she was flinging tons of my hair all over the floor.  It made a huge pile, but the finished product was just what I wanted.  I love it! 

Silly me, I got a picture of the pile, but not of my new hairdo. It has more volume, but doesn't look that different length-wise.

Later that evening we played Motor Mouth, a tongue twister game of speed. It was a blast and gave us lots of laughs. "The black bug bled blue blood" Say that one fast 6 times!


The kids have been having a ball with so much cousin time. Heidi posted these cute pics on Instagram.




We have enjoyed seeing cousins at church too.  I had to snap a few pics of the girls with their pretty Sunday smiles. 




Dandi and her kids came up Sunday evening and stayed the night with us. It was wonderful to see her again in the same week.  We stayed up talking until about 2 am with Tim and Richard.  

Then we spent Monday morning together talking while I finished up the photos for the Blessings Wall for Papa's birthday. Daniel, Andrew and Freddy left early in the morning for scout camp on a house boat at Lake Powell.

Dandi and her crew took Tim, Laney and Susanna to Gram and Papa's for hot dogs and then to Ben and Nan's for swimming. Richard and I came later when Sara got out of cosmetology school. Then we all went to Chandler to see Papa and Bubba play hockey to celebrate Papa's birthday.  Ben started learning to skate a few months ago and has been playing with Papa some.  It was so much fun seeing them on the ice together.  I am sure it is a dream come true for both of them. I loved watching Papa setting Ben up to shoot and seeing them pass to each other.  And it's always fun to see Papa flying across the ice like he's still in his twenties. It's pretty incredible.


Ben is facing the camera, with a white helmet, Papa is the blur in the front with the black helmet, both of them in red jerseys. Ben is wearing some of Papa's gear so they both have the number 13 with the name Papa above it.


Bubba wiped out a couple times, but was skating really well overall. 

Papa set Ben up and he scored! Ben has his arms up in the air to celebrate and Papa is still right by the goal.

Here is one of Papa shooting at the goalie. He's so amazing!

Some of the gang snuggling up to stay warm while we cheered.


The kids ran around on the bleachers playing and cheering.

Sara and Lucas

Gwen

Grammy, Laney and Zanna

Running to hug Papa when he came out of the locker room

The Grandkids with Papa, the birthday boy

Me and my Daddy

Me and My Bubba

Bubba and Grammy

Bubba with his beautiful Madi and Ella

Bubba and Ryan

What is left of our crew, with everyone else busy this week.

All the Big Kids
Dandi, Ben, Steph, Gavin and Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment