Sunday, October 14, 2018

I love Arizona skies!

Sammy went on a hike last weekend and got some awesome pictures!




Sunday evening, Sebastian met with the missionaries to learn about our faith. Andrew's girlfriend Lauryn joined us too. We love Elder Hatton and Elder Packard!



Freddy and Sebastian attempted some crazy duo push ups. They did several!



Andrew found a gecko!



Sara has been behind on sleep. Wednesday evening she took a long needed nap! She finished her honors accelerated history class and she is SO HAPPY about it!



Andrew had a nap next to her. They are such great buddies!



Thursday we didn't have choir because everyone in Gilbert is on fall break. It was a good thing for us because Laney had her school musical theater performance. It was Halloween themed so Sara helped her with her hair and make up. It looked great!



I only got blurry pictures of the performance. Laney did a fabulous job being animated and dancing with enthusiasm!



 Here she is with one of her best friends, Luv Crump.



We have had some of the most beautiful sunsets!!!



Friday, I had my first performance in my studio class. I sang Bel Piacere from the opera Agrippina by George Friedric Handel. I was so pleased with how it went. I was all kinds of nervous through out the week before, but when I actually got up to sing, all my rehearsing and experience came together. I felt really good about it!



Sebastian took Sara and I out to celebrate my performance. We went to Cafe Rio. He had never been there before and he loved it! We had a fun time talking and enjoying the cool weather. They are so happy together! And adorable!



The girls asked Daddy to come out and play poof-square with them. They made it up and had a ton of fun playing it with him.



Saturday morning, Susanna and Daddy went to the Beals Ranch to help with collecting wood and clearing up old branches and such. They got to see some new piglets too. It was a wonderful experience!







Another glorious sunset Saturday night! I love our Arizona skies!



Saturday night, Sebastian sang the National Anthem at the Glendale Community College homecoming game. He did a great job! His best friend, our friend as well, Lucas Miles joined us there and spent the evening with us.




After he sang, we went to the boba shop across the street to see the art on display there. Sara was invited to have a piece hang there. She painted the lovely coral and yellow freesia flowers.



Then Sebastian, Lucas, Josh Jordan and his date Chelsey, and Freddy's girlfriend Sara Magill all came over to play! There was some Thai curry eaten and some Jungle Uno played. There were also many manly feats of strength; all kinds of pull ups, push ups, 40 lb arm curls, and all sorts of strength poses. It was pretty hilarious!






We ended with some tribal dancing!



Then Sara and Sebastian sang with the ukelele, Lucas took the love languages test and we all talked and giggled.



Lucas plays the piano beautifully! Everyone had fun improving together. 



We talked until the wee hours of the morning and then Lucas and Sebastian crashed on the sofas since they were so tired. I didn't want them falling asleep on the drive home.

Today, I spoke in church on kindness and then taught a Sunday school lesson on loving others. It was a pretty wonderful experience and I was glad to have Jessi and my parents there to share it with me, as well as my sweet family. I love the people in our church family too! We are surrounded by amazing people!


Susanna didn't make it to church today. She wasn't feeling well. She has three huge and painful cold sores as well. She has slept almost all day and is feeling much better now. She and Laney have been spending time together every day this week reading scriptures together. They have been getting along so much better and are really starting to be best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment