Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Beautiful Mother

I have an amazerating, spendiferous mother. She inspires me especially through the little things she does; playing on the floor with the kiddos, keeping her tile gleaming white, always serving, whether family, friend or just someone in need, smiling and bringing joy whereever she goes. She knows she is a daughter of God and shares His light with all those that meet her. She also is a nut through and through. She has taught me how to enjoy being silly and make a fool out of myself and love it. She is the McGuyver of the family; she can make anything you need out of the most random items. She is constant in her search for knowledge and truth. She loves to read, mostly non-fiction and almost never from front to back. She loves to talk about livers functions, states and capitols, indian tribes, geological formations, presidents of the church, prepositional phrases, etc. She has wonderful quotes taped to the cabinets in her kitchen as well as the walls of the bathroom, reminding us all to be better or laugh harder or think thinner. I am always striving to be as wonderful as she is. I love her mucho!

8 comments:

  1. You have an amazing mother...and entire family. Is she the one who taught you the capitol of Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is amazing and she looks so beautiful in that photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mom steph!!!! I mostly love that growning up, she would wake me up with a squirt bottle saying, "It's raining! It's raining!" Then, when I would try to protect myself with a blanket, she would pull them all the way off me!!! So annoying at the time, but a great memory I WILL pass on to my children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I loved the squirt bottle to. However, it wasn't usually her first method of waking us up. She usually started with singing or something sweet. I also recall waking up one morning with a box of tissue and a roller skate in my pajama pants... another method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be married to her!!!!!

    You would find out many many more wonderful things about my sweetie.

    I am so glad that you brightened her day with these sweet comments.

    Love Papa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for all the good press, my check is in the mail...xo mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to 2nd that! She's an amazing person even more so as I've gotten to know her as a friend not just a friend's mom. I love that we are in the same ward w/your parents. Love that they are back, we have so missed them. She didn't even get "rest" before she was off working in her calling. Both your parents are amazing and so grateful to be apart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I know why you and your sisters are so amazing! What a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete