Monday, August 31, 2009

A Fun Dress-Up Dress


Sara said it reminded her of all the calico dresses in Oklahoma all in one dress. I was trying out sewing with elastic thread in my bobbin. SOOO MUCH FUN!!!! Gathering the layers was a snap and sewing around the neck and sleeves to give it a peasant top look was easy too. This was just the trial run for the dress up box but I look forward to trying this out in more clothing projects.

6 comments:

  1. I love it!! Cute idea to do a dress up box...lucky kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you make me a dress like that? Seriously, so cute. Do you make big people clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh what fun, although I'm not a sewer, I love to see other peoples projects....my sister Nancy sews and when her girls were growing up she made such cute outfits and pjs and special holiday outfits.....I don't have the patience I guess....I would probably use velcro and that sticky sewing tape. love cuz Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I'm excited to have a little girl soon to dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress! - so all you need is elastic thread to gather like that?....that seems too easy...

    ReplyDelete