Today Laney came to me with a serious face and said, "Mom, the ABC's hurt my feelings." I said, "They did?" and she replied, "Well... almost. Because I will smell flowers. I like them small, like little, little tiny like a baby. The dad and moms flowers are big and say chomp, chomp to the baby. I love it the flowers."
"I love it the (fill in the blank)" is one of her most used phrases. She says it using whatever she is thinking of or can see... bugs, cheese, tooth paste, electric bills dad is holding, no matter how obscure.
I am noticing that with Daniel in Kindergarten, I am having more and more of these random, crazy conversations with Laney. Apparently, it takes a lot of time to get all her talking in for the day. Susanna doesn't fulfill that need replying in baby talk I guess. I was very grateful to have my nieces Heidi and Gwen drop by for a visit yesterday. Laney had someone else to chat with for a while so I could work and not feel like I wasn't giving her my full attention.
She is hilarious though. I love this stage in speech development, how they experiment with combinations and words a bit beyond what they comprehend. It is great.
Very Cute!
ReplyDeleteHelllloooo.....Thanks for keeping me updated on the joys of motherhood.....Lainey is so cute, I bet you have a lot of fun with just 2 at home now....I hope that Daniel enjoyed his 1st big day at school. We had a great time with your mom and dad yesterday ....only wished it could have been longer visit. Love and blessing to all from cousin Sandy
ReplyDelete