Daniel lost his first tooth two days before starting Kindergarten. He is by far my youngest to lose a tooth. He came to me that morning and said his tooth felt funny. I looked and I am sure it did feel funny, it was so loose that it was pointing forward. He wiggled it around for a little while and then I gently pulled on it and it came right out. He was so excited he exclaimed, "Quick Mom get me some tape for the Tooth Fairy!" At our house the T.F. forgets to come unless you tape your tooth to the refrigerator door, I think she is over worked and exhausted at the end of the day. She takes your tooth and tapes a quarter on the door for you. I know she is lame and cheap, but my kids don't get any less excited about it and are always shock to find out that their friends have other methods for leaving their teeth for the T.F.
The next morning at about 6 am, Daniel checked the refrigerator door and was so sad that his tooth was gone. I told him the quarter had been left for him in exchange for the tooth. He said, "For ME?" He was thrilled. I guess he didn't know why we taped teeth for the T.F. He was so cute!
That's so funny! I love traditions...everyone has their own twists on them. Great idea. The tooth fairy took 3 days to come for Lucas' tooth last week.
ReplyDeleteSo cute - Emily lost her's while at my cousin's (She may have swallowed it) She wrote a cute note to the TF apologizing for having lost the lost tooth. Amazingly, the Tooth Fairy wrote back and said she had been able to find it.
ReplyDeleteSo cute- he is little for losing teeth. But I keep hearing of so many their age losing them. That is a cute idea to tape to the refrigerator.
ReplyDelete