Our new house came with a beautiful built in fire pit and seating around it. We decided to fire it up on Monday night for Family Home Evening with Dandi and Aaron and their gang. Dandi brought the appetizers, apples and dip and chips and chili cream cheese dip. YUM! Then we roasted some dogs and had marshmallows for dessert. It was a lot of fun and the kids all behaved very well. I am excited to do it again. I think we have many more years of bonding around a fire ahead of us.

Nellie and Sara, cheeky-cheeky

Rich the fire master and his minions

What is it about boys and fire? They LOVE it!

The girls sitting back and enjoying the evening

Oooo... pretty fire!

Yum!

Sam and Josh bonding over the dogs... or is that Sam poking Josh in the face with his food?

More happy faces enjoying the fun

Even Jonah was taking charge of the toasting.

Laney and her sticky face or is it a "Got Milk?" ad?

Zanna and her giant marshmallow

Tim diggin' in

Tyson toasting or maybe scorching his dessert
What a great night!
We all had a great time Steph and Rich! Thanks! By the way, your new house is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how grown up your kids are getting. Especially Sam and Sara in those pictures....
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you loved the fire pit. You're 1/3 of the way to loving camping. Easy does it, we'll get you out into the wilderness soon enough!!!!
I love you guys!
Okay.. I'm sold. What night to do we have a weeenie roast and camp out.. I love outdoor fires too.. I would feel safe with that big hunk of a Richard around.
ReplyDeleteAunt Kathy