Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pioneer Trek

Our four oldest got to go on the pioneer trek together this summer.  It was 3 1/2 days of hard work and spiritual growth.  They were excited to go.  Sara looked so pretty in her pioneer clothes.  I didn't get a before picture of the boys.


I am posting lots of pictures so you can get a feel for the experience.
Because Richard and I were not with them, all of our trek photos came from the trek photographers.  So they are not as zoomed in on our kiddos as they would have been if I was there.  I am grateful for the pictures though.

Sara, Sam, Tim and Josh
  
Tim in the green sunglasses

Josh

At one point they settled for a while and "built" the Kirtland Temple.

Sara

Sara

Sara

Sara (head looking away)

Sara (in the middle)

Tim

Josh

Tim (in the middle)

Josh (at the back of the wagon)

Sammy

Tim

Sammy

Sam

Sam

Sam

Sam

At one point, they have the girls pull the hand carts by themselves.  The men are "away" serving in the Mormon Battalion during the Mexican-American War.  The real pioneer women were left to keep going with out them for a year.  Our girls had to pull on one of the hardest hills while the boys stood watching, not able to help.   Sam has such a tender heart.  This photo is so sweet.  I think it nearly broke his heart.  The girls said it was the hardest thing they had ever done, but that they felt the power of the Lord with them as they pulled.

Tim's "family" (you can see his green glasses)

Josh

Tim

 Tim

Josh

Josh and Tim working on making a pioneer toy.

 Josh

Josh and Tim

Tim

Sam (middle back)

 They brought all there clothes, toiletries, mess kit, scriptures, etc in a 5 gallon bucket and carried them on their hand carts.

Sam

Tim (back right)

Josh

Tim (in the back on the left)

Josh (middle left)

Tim (in the green glasses)


 All our cuties together!

They said it was hard and they hated parts of it, but that they loved what they learned from ALL of it and are tremendously grateful to have had the opportunity to go.

1 comment:

  1. Trek was awesome! I loved it every time I saw their smiling faces. Your kids are so sweet to me.

    ReplyDelete