Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fall Break!!!

We started and ended fall break with a puzzle.  1000 pieces of fun.  It was a pretty hard one.  The kids didn't think it was very fun after working on it for an hour or so and not having much done, but they kept working on it here and there throughout the week.  Laney was the most dedicated to it, but Daniel and Susanna loved it too.  We finally finished it Monday evening, a week later. We are missing one piece. Hopefully it will show up before we put it away.  I LOVE PUZZLES!


Most of the week was spent with friends at our house or the kids going to friends' homes.  We really are blessed with a great group of kids in our area.  I love having my home filled with so many awesome young people!

Friday, Richard and I went to the temple with my parents, siblings and Nan (the only other in-law who could get away during a week day).  We were able to seal my mom to her parents and do other family work.  I love that we know families are eternal.  I have the best family, my kids, parents, siblings (including their spouses), nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc. and I am so grateful that we can be family for forever and ever.




What a goofball!




SISTERS!



After the temple Richard and I went to his sister Joanna's house to see the progress that she and Grant are making on their new place by the temple.  They are living in a little casita that they will use as his architecture office once the house it done. It is about 1/2 mile from the Phoenix Temple.  It is going to be an amazing little house, just one bedroom, but and awesome living space for gatherings and socializing. We talked with them for several hours.  They are delightful!

When we got home, I had to get busy and finish the girls Halloween costumes for a party the were attending the next day.  Laney chose to be The Lorax and Zanna an "epic" mummy, not a cute or girly mummy.  She was very clear with me about it.  I think that both costumes came out great!  The Lorax was fun to make and the eyebrows and mustache have been hilarious to play with.  Everyone has tried them on.  




Laney chose well, she is perfect as The Lorax!





Zanna's mummy was great too! Sara did her make-up and she felt epic!






We played lots of games over break. The kids played a ton of Settlers of Catan.  Zanna, Laney and I played, Blink, Spot It, Taboo and Bounce Off. This picture is of us playing Bounce Off.  She wanted an action shot.  It is a fun game.  You have to bounce the balls and get them to land in between the pegs forming what ever shape the card shows. She is really good at it.




Yesterday, I got to be Sara's first appointment ever for a hair cut!  She did a great job.  I just needed things freshened up.  She cut about 2 1/2 inches off  to get rid of dead and splitting ends.  It was fun to be with her and see her do her stuff!


It feels soft and healthy again.  I love it! I can't wait for my next appointment.  Hmmm... maybe a mani/pedi.  



No comments:

Post a Comment