Sunday, April 30, 2017

Be Still My Soul

We had our MCO concerts this last weekend.  This one was called Be Still My Soul.  I love working with my kids and all the incredible youth in the choir.  There is just something so wonderful about teens who choose to spend their time building their testimonies of Christ and strengthening their talents through sacred and classical music.  The heavens were truly opened and angels were in our presence as they sang.  There are not words to describe the spirit at the concerts.

Now, behind the scenes, they are a bunch of fun, silly teens who love to socialize and goof around, but they are also respectful and kind.  I saw many acts of kindness and concern, prayers said for others and lots of hugs and encouragement given by these kiddos. I love them!

Sara and one of her best friends, Makaila 

Sam and Lilli

Kissin' cousins / Best Friends
Lilli and Andrew



Sara and her friend Madison

Showing us their choir lips


It was Lilli, George and Noah's first time coming to a concert.  They all loved it!

George with his dance kids!

Alger / Ely gang 

Freddy, Noah, Tim, Andrew and Brandon
High School Bros



 Me, back stage running around with the tenors.

Rachel, Rebekah, Madison and Sara

My buddy, Taylor LeSueur. He's graduating.  It's always sad to have my choir boys grow up. 

Taylor LeSueur, Caden White, Jordan Hopkins, Davis Cullimore, ?, Tim and Freddy

Freddy and Samuel Sheppard


Grammy sweetly helped me with the last concert.  She was our lovely water girl.  She is excellent at hydration!  I loved getting to show her what we do and share the evening with her from behind the scenes.

Truman, Freddy, Tim, Ammon, Caiden, ?, ?, ?, ?
I'm so sad that I can't remember everyone's names. There are over 120 high school guys.

Tim, Mason, Freddy, Jay
Caden

We had several times that we had to squeeze all the tenor in a little entry hall to wait for our cue.  They had to be super quiet, which is pretty tough by the 4th concert, but they did a great job. 

Freddy and his buddy/ guitar teacher, Spencer Jones

Hanging with our friends, Spencer Jones and Rob Gardner.


Kayla and Sara 

Sara, Rachel, Rebekah, Tim
and Spencer 
We love the Smiths!

Sara and our sweet friend Alex Contraras

Sara and Taylor

Me and my boys!
Andrew, Freddy, Steph and Tim


 These cuties were are welcome party when we got home.  It was after midnight and they said Brandon and Noah had just barely left.

I love these crazy kids!

The Sunday after concerts, they wear their concert attire to church.  
Here is our traditional day after, sibling picture. Aren't they cute?!!!

I'm sad that it is Tim's last year in choir with us.  He will be missed, but I am so excited for his adventures as an adult and missionary.  I am also excited that Daniel will be joining us in choir in the fall.  He is going to LOVE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment