Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Wedding Day!

I hardly took any pictures. These are all mostly from other family and friends. I guess we will have to wait for the official wedding pictures from Josh Jensen. He sent me a few to send to Tim, and I love them! I can't wait to see the rest!!!

We prayed and prayed that the forecasted rain storm would wait until after our outdoor reception. We had been fretting about it all week. As we watched the chance of rain increase hour by hour, we kept praying and holding out hope that it would be fine. 

Sam and Vivi's sealing was at 1:00 pm at the Gilbert Temple. They were both so tenderhearted and emotional. It was hard to keep my emotions together. The ceremony was beautiful. They love each other so very much. There is nothing like seeing that kind of joy in your child's eyes. It's a dream!

So many of our family members and close friends were able to join us at the temple. We missed those that were not able to come, especially Timmy and Grandma and Grandpa Alger.

Jen Tanner and I



Laney and Jason Tanner



The happy couple coming out of the temple as Mr. and Mrs. Alger!




I'm not sure who this face was for, but it's sure funny!




Timmy was with us, even though he is in Korea. We love having his face in the family pictures!
Look at how our family is growing! And a baby coming in April!!!



I sure love these guys! Noah Fechter is filling in as Tim's body.



The boys all giving there smolder look.



Not sure what look Freddy is giving in this one.




I love this cute on of Leigh with Josh in the foreground.



The sisters and Sammy!



The brothers!



They had a ring ceremony at the reception. It was so beautiful. They had such tender loving words for each other. There were many wet eyes.



Me and my Sammy



Josh Jensen was all over the place taking pictures, but he managed to take Sara for a twirl on the dance floor several times and he ate lots of good food. We are so grateful for all of his time and talents that he shared with us. He's a good man.



Timmy popped up all over the place. I love having the roaming Timmy heads at our family events!

Peter, Timmy, Cadie and Freia



Their first dance


It began to rain a little while we danced, but it was a romantic misty rain, so it wasn't bad enough to stop anything. My wonderful siblings brought in the gifts, pictures and other perishables while we danced. No one seemed to mind the drizzle and the heaters we had placed around the yard kept everything plenty warm.

They cut the cake after we sang Happy Birthday to Vivi. She turned 24 on her wedding day!



Josh  and Sara selfie



After Sam and Vivi left, we cleaned up and took down everything. We hurried to send Vivi's mom, Mari, home to sleep. She was exhausted from all the cooking and preparing. She did a magnificent job with all the food. It was abundant and delicious!

The after party was tons of fun too! I love to hang out with all the young adults and teens. They were rocking out on the piano and guitar, singing and laughing. It makes me so happy!

Tommy Lundquist, Josh Jordan, Josh Jensen on the piano, Sebastian, Nic, Kailie and Kenzie Summers, and Heidi with her friend Hanna.



The missionaries stayed and helped with clean up too. Then we had some good gospel conversations. I love these guys!
Elder Hirschi and Elder Packard



Some how things broke out in to a brief tickle war. Poor Josh Jensen and Sebastian got the worst of it. They are both SO ticklish!



At midnight everyone was pretty wiped out. Josh still had to drive home to Gilbert in the rain.



The hard core crew. Everyone else went to bed.



Sara and I sat out on the front porch and enjoyed the rain for a while. We talked about how magical the day had been and all the fun we had. Sam and Vivi are so good together and we have the family and friends. So many people came together to make this day special. We talked about everything.



After a while we came in and then talked in her bed for another 45 minutes or so. Richard woke up and came for me at about 2:30 am. I was grateful, because I couldn't get out of her bed. I was so stiff and tired. Then Rich and I talked for a little bit before I finally quieted my mind enough to sleep. It truly was a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment