Leigh and Baby Sammy came to visit!!!! Josh bought the plane ticket for Leigh's upcoming birthday. It was such a treat to get to spend time with them, although, we did miss Josh a ton.
Be prepared for a million baby pictures.
Sara and I were the only ones who had met Sammy, so this was a big deal.
Grandpa meeting grandson!!!
Everyone eager to have their turn.
Sara showing off her new p-day shirt for her mission.
Great Grandpa meeting Sammy
Missing Elder Timmy and Joshy
Andrew was overwhelmed with emotions when he held Baby Sammy for the first time.
It was so precious!!!
SO MUCH LOVE!
Daniel and Sammy
Laney, Sara, Andrew, Leigh and Zanna
Freddy and Sammy
Sammy and Sammy
Vivi with the Sammys
Zanna was thrilled to finally get her turn.
Laney and Sammy
Great Aunt Cadie
Grammy Steph
We video chatted with Joshy, who was in Idaho.
We thought it was funny how Messenger put Dad and I in the picture frame at Josh's apartment.
Sam and Vivi spent the night, so the girls had Sara come sleep with them. I don't know why I like sleeping pictures so much, but I do. they are just so sweet and peaceful.
Sara and Laney
Zanna
The next day was Memorial Day. Sam and Vivi wanted to go to model homes, so we went with them and Sebastian joined us. Dad, Andrew, Freddy, Noah and Daniel all were on their way to AP camp.
The weather was still so cool, in the low 70s, and the sky was gorgeous!
The girls had to try out all the closets.
When we got home, we played Mexican Train Dominos and had chocolate malts.
Then we had some dancing.
Howard Lyon surprised us by posting this painting he did of Sara. He had told us that he was going to have to wait until the end of June to paint her, because he had so many projects he had to finish first. When he posted this, he said that he HAD to paint her now, he just couldn't wait.
The painting is titled "Cassandra's Lament" after Cassandra of ancient Troy, the daughter of King Prium from Greek Mythology. She was a prophetess, but was cursed that no one would believe her prophecies and because of this Troy was destroyed.
That evening we watched the musical She Loves Me and ate pizza. It was super fun day!
Tuesday, Leigh and Sammy came over to play. They stayed until about 4. We had tacos for lunch from Cafe Rio, it was taco Tuesday! It was delightful to visit with Leigh and hold sweet baby Sammy. We loved every second! We watch Bride and Prejudice while Leigh took a nap. She was pretty wiped out, traveling with a new baby with do that.
Zanna could not get enough time with him.
We didn't get pictures, but we took him over to meet our neighbor, Gisela Decker, and to meet Aunt Jessi. She gave him his first salsa dance lesson. He loved it!
When Leigh and Sammy went back to her parents' house, Sara, Laney and I went shopping. Laney wanted to use her birthday gift cards. We had a blast at Target. These girls are seriously fun!
We had Indian food for dinner, Palak Paneer with Naan, while watching the movie Music and Lyrics. It was a peaceful, relaxing evening.
Wednesday morning, Sara and I got on the road by 7:30 am to pick up the boys at AP camp. We listened to book 4 of Children of the Promise on our way up and back.
It was sweet to be there with the boys as they finished their final activity. They have such tender hearts. I love to be their mom. This was the second time for the twins. This time Freddy was in the AP camp presidency. He also got to lead all the music. I was really proud of his example of leadership. Andrew was not called as a leader, but had many wonderful experiences helping new or younger guys fit in and feel loved. Daniel loved all the new experiences and having his older brothers and Dad with him. Richard loved going through all the activities for himself, as well as with the boys. It was his first time at AP camp too. It was really powerful for all of them.
Freddy leading the hymn
Their buddies: Nic Summers, Jace Gertge, Noah Fechter, Corbin Mecham, Freddy
Josh Jordan, Andrew, Daniel and Jackson Gertge
Andrew found a creepy little friend.
Meghann Fleming, Andrew, Sara and Noah
Wednesday evening, Leigh and the baby came over for a final visit before leaving for home in Idaho. Lots of family and friends dropped by to met little Sammy.
Daniel was trying to figure out the whole burping a baby thing.
Great Uncle Gavin had fun with him.
I sure love holding him!
Lauryn and Andrew with Sammy
Cutie Pie!
Great Grammy Ely
Great Grandpa Alger
Cousin Heidi
Of course we had to do some singing. Now that Gavin lives in the neighborhood, I'm sure this will be a frequent occurrence. It was great to have Leigh sing with us. She has a beautiful voice!
Sara is going to be a great mommy. She is great at soothing him and loves all the cuddles.
When it was time for them to leave, we were all pretty sad. Dad and Laney buckled him up.
Leigh and Sara said goodbye for the next year and a half. Sammy will be almost two when Sara comes home from her mission.
Their sad faces. Ha!
Everyone was wiped out. Zanna fell asleep on the floor. She curled up into her usual sleeping position. Really, this is how she sleeps most nights. Crazy girl.
Josh was happy to get his family back together Thursday midday. He missed them bunches!
Thursday evening, Dad and I took Sara and Daniel out for their birthday dinners. Daniel was way over due. They wanted Thai, so we went to The Royal Jasmine. I told them to smile so I could document the moment, and of course this is what I got.
And finally this cute one!
Daniel and Dad got the pineapple curry. Sara got the red curry and I got the panang curry. Actually, I ordered the red, but they accidentally gave it to Sara, and she liked it better than her panang, so I traded her. I like both, even though the red is my favorite.
On our way out, we saw this in the window next door. Richard is famous in the family for his velociraptor impersonations, so this was an awesome find. We shared it with all the Ely family.
Saturday morning, Rich took Freddy, Daniel and Laney to the temple to do baptisms with Grandpa Alger. He had never baptized anyone in the temple, even though he has been a temple worker for years and has been baptized and been a witness many, many, many times. He got to baptize Richard for one of their ancestors. It was a very special experience for all of them.
Saturday evening, we had dinner at Nic Summers house. His mom Selina invited us over, as well as the Fechters and the Jordans. It was nice to get to know Selina better and to visit with everyone.
Averi came home with us after and played wii with Daniel, Laney and Zanna. She really is just part of the family. We love her!



















































No comments:
Post a Comment