Sunday, September 14, 2008

Don't Forget International Talk Like A Pirate Day

Friday, September 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. We have been preparing by getting our dollar store pirate garb. Timmy immediately tried some of it on Zanna. It is lots of fun. The past few years we have enjoyed sharing it with others by delivering goodies and singing pirate songs as we go. It is one of our favorite holidays! Join in the fun!



If you need a little help in learning to speak Pirate check out this video tutorial.

11 comments:

  1. And if you've ever wondered what your pirate name is (haven't we all?) - try this little quiz:

    http://www.piratequiz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great photo!!!! I love her smile and you're fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this. I can't talk like a pirate, but I think I can loot like a pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW< this brought back a flashback. I remember when we first talked about this. Like what, 3 or 4 years ago??? Can't wait to pull out all the dirty pirate jokes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, had to get my drink of rum...."AVAST YE SCURVY SCUM!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hysterical! Have to get out out costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found out that my pirate name is "Calico Morgan Rackham" and the description fits me quite well too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that is awesome!
    It makes me think of...
    arrggg matey, I didn meeean to hurt ya, but I thought ya had gold in yer belly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. arrg matey! I didn meaan to hurt ya, but I thought ya had gold in yer belly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steph- cute blog! Your kids are getting so old - time flys. I am glad you told me about this so I can stalk it often. I like the banner up top too.

    ReplyDelete