Monday, September 22, 2008

We Have Turned To The Darkside

My kids are now the proud owners of a Nintendo Game Cube (I know it is a bit out dated already) and one game, Super Smash Brothers. They have been saving their money for at least a year for this big purchase. I have never wanted any sort of gaming system, who needs more distractions, but I decided that if they wanted it bad enough to save their own pennies, they could buy one. Of course, there are rules about when and how long and how peacefully they get along while playing. Saturday night was the first night and it went very well. I do like that 4 of them can play at a time. It was fun to watch them having a blast. I hope it continues to be a bonding activity that does not take over the world. I am proud of them for reaching their goal with hard work and cooperation. Yea kiddos!


2 comments:

  1. Game systems are all right by me. We have always had one. I think as long as there are guidelines to follow it can be really fun. Way to go for your kids for saving the money. That is super. I was actually reading an article this morning. That said video games can actually be "beneficial". I know kind of weird, but it had some good points. Of coarse when games that are played are age appropriate. It also said 97% of kids between the ages of 12-17 play video games. Welcome to the 97percenters club. I just made that up, but welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweet memory lane. I remember when a friend of my mom's went behind her back and bought us a Nintendo for Christmas. She was not happy about it, but we were SO willing to bow down to ANY rules just to keep it. The big rule I remember was the time-constraint and using her little white egg timer to make sure no one took more than their time.

    ReplyDelete