Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Truths

I am what I choose to be. Proverbs 23:7 "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he."

I am happiest when I choose to look at the things I did today, not the things I didn't do. Today I held sick children and made soup, that was it.

Prayer helps to get things done. Martin Luther said something like.. "I've got so much to do today, I'll have to spend and extra hour on my knees to make sure I accomplish it."

I am more willing to do things when I pretend to be excited about doing them.

Being silly throughout the day makes the day better for everyone.

Life is funny, if I look for the humor.

If I have something to go through or something hard to do, I can choose to be happy and do it or I can choose to cry about it. Either way, I have it to do. I might as well choose to be happy.

The Lord is very patient with me, I should have patience with myself as well. I am still learning.

Speaking in a loving calm tone, especially when it seems impossible, always brings the best results.

Getting worked up over things only brings stress and unhappiness. There is always another way to handle the situation; it is an opportunity to be creative.

If I show my faith through being obedient first, even when it isn't easy, the blessings will always follow. Abraham was willing to kill his son to be obedient and look where it got him.

Life is like a roller coaster with ups and downs. And just like on a roller coaster, the downs are much better when I put up my arms and say WEEEEEE!!!! and know that the up side is coming.

If I can't do anything about it then I shouldn't worry or stress over it, and if I can do something, then I should just do it.

When nothing else works I just remember, "This too shall pass."

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! Some great reminders that I needed as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what happens when the roller coaster car becomes derailed from the track?

    JK--Beautiful words and definitely ones that we should all be using in our lives. But you failed to mention what really gives you the humor to laugh when you feel like crying...ugly naked guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just carry around a miniature little version of you to remind me of all those truths when I need to hear them? You're awesome Steph!
    (Okay, I don't know if my comment is going through or not so if there's duplicates just delete them).

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah! this was awesome - i reaaaaly needed to hear that today! I hope your kidos get better and i bet your soup tasted great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is fun to have discovered your blog! It was so fun to read through your posts...your family is beautiful Steph!

    ReplyDelete