Saturday, November 26, 2016

Ely Thanksgiving

We had the Ely Thanksgiving on Saturday and instead of Turkey and the usual fixins, we had BBQ chicken and ribs, baked potatoes and lots of yummy side dishes. I love this crazy bunch!  We missed our Young girls, they were scattered through CA, UT and NY, dancing and having fun.


Dandi with lots of cuties

My big boys
Rich and Sammy

My handsome brother Gavin and me


After dinner, we played a few games of croquet.  Dandi won the adult game.  She was so proud!



Aunt Judy and Uncle Eric were able to join us.  It was great seeing them.


The Ely siblings
Vince, Judy and Eric


Cadie and Daphne


This was the best I could get with Little Fred.  He is a busy, busy boy!


Daphne and Papa


Sara was struggling to get a huge bite of whipped cream into her mouth.  Gavin very kindly caught some of it as it fell.  He did not smash it on her face, even though that is what it looks like happened.


After croquet, We built our gingerbread houses!


I think Dandi ran around and got selfies with almost everyone.




I got to help Peter this year.  He did not want to build a house, he wanted a volcano.  He had it all planned out in his mind.  I assisted him in the execution.  He was so proud of our creation.  Notice the lava (twizzlers) shooting out of the top. the red orange and yellow magma down the sides and the green grass below.  He was adorable and man, does he know everything about volcanoes!



Tyson and Andrew


Cadie and Gavin had Gram take some family pictures for them.  They took 500 some pics, and managed to get a least one with all the kids looking almost the same direction!



Beautiful couple!
  

Nellie and Aaron





Grammy and Little Freddy 
(Big Freddy photo bombing)


Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting a wonderful day!  I loved every minute.  The best part is always watching the kids have so much fun with their cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment