Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Love, Music and Friends

Awww... big brother love.  Sara was just surprised when he came up behind her.  I think it's pretty hilarious and sweet.



My Millennial Choir boys!  I love being at their rehearsals. It is like a bit of heaven every Thursday.


Rehearsal this last week was crazy with four of the five choirs meeting together with the orchestra.  Their concerts are coming up next week and are completely sold out! Sometimes it seems like a dream that my kids get to be part of such an incredible group.


Here is a small teaser for the upcoming performances. Of course this is nothing like being at the concerts, but it's still pretty awesome.

Good King Wenceslas 



These are some of the boys that I have gotten to work with these last 4 years. They are all seniors and will be going on missions next summer like Tim.

Conner, Brigham, Taylor and Taylor



Sara and I had fun decorating her friend Makaila's front porch for her 18th birthday.  The door was pretty tall and we had nothing to stand on, so very unwisely, I let Sara stand on my back to reach the top. I could hardly walk the next day. Oops. Lesson learned.



Sara and KenaDee had been wanting to have some girl time so they went up to Sara's room for some privacy.  Sam joined them and painted their nails for them.  They are super sparkley!  I don't think it was quite what they had planned, but they had fun anyhow.



Tim had a piano recital this last Saturday.  He did an incredible job on his piece, Dark Horse by David Lanz. He has worked many, many hours on it and was one of a very few to have their piece memorized. 

Sadly, this was the only picture I took of the night. I did record his performance though.



Sunday Kallie returned from Dixie College for Thanksgiving break.  She didn't tell Sara and Tim that she would be home and at church so soon, so it was a huge surprise when they saw her there. Sara and Kallie both burst into tears of joy.  They have really missed each other. 



Sara has the best girl friends. Such beauties!

Kallie, Sara, Makaila and KenaDee


We had a special Thanksgiving Worship service Sunday evening.  It was mostly music performed by a stake men's choir with a few spoken words. Richard, Tim, Freddy and Daniel sang in the choir. I wasn't supposed to be recording so I held my camera close to my chest, but here is one of the numbers they performed. It was a lovely service.  They did a beautiful job!



No comments:

Post a Comment