Saturday, January 7, 2017

The End of Break

KenaDee's younger brother Corbijn (he's Susanna's age) came over a bunch to play. He borrowed some jammies to stay warm.  He and Susanna looked so cute and cuddly!



I was in a super nice mom mood and let them destroy the loft and make a giant fort with all the furniture and blankets.  I even let them keep it up for almost 2 days. I guess I was feeling super generous. They ever brought books into the fort and made a library.  They also posted their fort's address on the the white board at the opening.

Of course they need pictures of it from every angle.


They even showed me how they would sleep in it. (I made them sleep in their beds and Corbijn went home for the night and came back in the morning.)

I was worried that one of the weight they used to hold the blankets would fall on them in the night, if they slept in it.


Lots of posing!


So, for much of the world this is not blog worthy, but we have NEVER seen a raccoon here, until now.  Poor thing was roadkill, but look like it was sleeping peacefully. I had no idea raccoons lived here.  Coyotes, yes, I see them frequently, like when a pack ran through our neighborhood last night and Sam and I saw them through our back fence as we were sitting on the porch!


Gram and Papa came for a visit.  Gram played a long awaited a game of Ark with Daniel and Papa fell asleep while he waited. He was so cute!


We have made tons of salsa lately and LOVED it!


Richard and I attended a fundraiser to help build a skills and leadership school in Swaziland Africa.  We had a nice dinner and then were entertained by a 3 time national championship ballroom dance team.  They were amazing! It was so much fun to watch!





It was a fun surprise when we heard the music to the final number was Chasing Cars performed by Cinematic Pop. (I am in Cinematic Pop)


You can see the performance here: https://youtu.be/rKH9kMLgTgE


This is the group we were helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment