I have been working on costumes for the elementary school play Peter Pan. I love costuming, but it does make me a little crazy and super busy. This last week I worked on 16 mermaid costumes. 17 fairies are next on my list. then on to 15 Indians, 8 pirates, 6 lost boys, the Darling family, a crocodile and of course Nana the dog. Eeek... um... I mean, So much fun!
I stopped sewing for a day to celebrate my 41st birthday with my sweetheart. We started by going to the temple. The flowers were incredible! Then we had lunch and went to second hand stores and used book shops. It was a dream day for me. I LOVE BOOKS! He bought me 28 books. I love hunting for books and we found quite a few elusive ones. It was wonderful!
That evening the boys all went to a men's leadership training and us girls went to Kohl's to get the rest of my birthday gifts. I got a super cute purse, at Richard's request, and a pretty ring. He wanted to take me himself, but I spent hours and hours looking a books, so we ran out of time. It was a perfect day.
A few days before my birthday, little miss Freia Elizabeth was born to Gavin and Cadie. She is a beauty and I can hardly wait to meet her. She had a super exciting birth in the triage bathroom at the hospital. She could not wait any longer, she wanted to meet her parents so badly. They are pretty amazing people, I can't blame her for the rush. I think that Cadie might have done things a little differently, if it had been up to her.
When Freia came, Grammy went to Tucson to help out. Peter, Fred and Daphne kept her on her toes, mostly the tornado named Fred. They are all so adorable! I love this picture of Grammy. She is so pretty! Daphne is darling too.
Cadie and Peter
Cadie and little baby Freia
Daphne is blossoming in language and personality. Grammy had a ball with her. She is such a little jabber-jaw.
Fred is a whirlwind of fun, not a big talker, but tons of excitement with this cutie.
In Grammy's words, the beads make the outfit. She is such a doll!
Dress up time
What a fun week we have had. Life is great!












No comments:
Post a Comment