Sunday, January 21, 2018

Lots of rest for the weary

Laney went to the temple preparation meeting with the other kids who will be turning 12 this year.

Back: Kaden Kelly, Rett Larson, Gibson Miller, Mia Fleming, Laney Alger
Front: Tucker Watkins, Payton Mortensen, James Cuthbertson, Lindsey Baker


Lindsey, Mia and Laney


Bright and early Monday morning, 5:20 am, my mom took me to the doctor for outpatient surgery. Here I am all prepped and ready to go.


Everything went well and I am recovering. This next pic is me all doped up on meds when we got home. Everyone has been taking great care of me and spoiling me with love and service.


Wednesday, Sam moved out of the house to live in Tempe. He lives in a two bedroom apartment with 2 other guys and will be working and going to school out there.

Here are the little ones saying goodbye to big brother.




Sara will miss him tons. They are super close buddies.



Tuesday evening, we watched our new prophet, Russell M. Nelson, as he spoke to the members of our church.  Susanna was exhausted and fell asleep in Grammy's arms.


I think everyone was pretty tired that night and I was super drugged, so I'm not sure exactly what all went on. They were all so sweet to come upstairs and hang out with me. I was living in the huge recliner in the loft. My friend Melissa Jordan brought me the flowers on the table. 



Everybody loves Grammy!


Thursday, Ammanda Pottle and Nellie Jensen brought me lunch and stayed to visit. I was still pretty drugged, but feeling a little more human. I loved seeing these darling friends!


Friday Morning, Richard and I went with Freddy to the dermatologist. He had had a pre-cancer removed from the bottom of his foot 3 years ago and we had noticed a new dark spot in the middle of his scar. It was tiny, but it was dark like the previous one, so we got it checked. The doc was glad we came in, but surprised that it would be growing back since they had gotten a clear margin with the previous surgery. They removed it and now, a week later, we got news that it is not cancerous, it was a small blood blister. Whew!


When we got home, I was back to resting upstairs. Another dear friend, Jen Tanner, came to visit me that afternoon. I have felt so blessed to be surrounded by such loving family and friends. And a big thanks to my Sweetheart and Mom for being so giving of their love, time and efforts on my behalf and my Daddy for helping and sharing my mom. I feel so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment