Last Saturday, Cadie and Gavin came over with their cuties to play! We have missed them so much since they have been in Tucson. Gavin and I played around at the piano for much of the afternoon. I love to sing with him!!! Cadie and Sara had a great time talking about art. They have both been working on developing their artistic skills. Sebastian came over after work and was excited to meet Gavin and Cadie. Then later in the evening our school buddy, Lucas, joined us, as well as Makaila Lundquist. We had fun taking turns singing and performing with each other around the piano.
A little later, another school of our friends, Brigham Fish, came with his fiance Callie Schaffer. We had a fun game night, playing Things, and then talking. Brigham and Callie told us their love story. It was fun to relive it with them.
Of course there was a push up contest. Freddy was sad not to participate, but he had just had his wisdom teeth pulled the day before. Brigham collapsed first, but he did the most push ups, so he won. Sebastian and Lucas gave it a valiant effort.
Daphne is such a little dolly! We had a lot of fun saying goodbye to her.
Sunday, Sebastian went to church with us to our family ward. He loved it and even got up to share his testimony in the meeting. After staying for the full 3 hours, we hurried over to the Glendale Young Adult ward. He and Sara attended the sacrament meeting there. Richard and I listened in from the overflow area. Sebastian again shared his testimony, which had grown from earlier in the day after having attended Sunday School and Priesthood meetings. He is such a sponge and LOVES the gospel!!
After the YSA ward, we went to hear Gavin sing with the GCU choir at a church in Scottsdale. He was the tenor soloist. He sang like an angel, as always! I'm so proud of him. He is becoming such a master of his craft!
It was such a glorious day, we snapped some pictures before hurrying off to hear Josh Jensen's recital at ASU for winning the Steinway Piano Competition.
I'm not sure what they were talking about, but they sure were cute!
Here we are waiting for the recital to start.
Josh is so incredible!!! We were all blown away by his skill and talent. Plus, we just love the guy. He's pretty awesome!
It was fun to see Miles there too. They sure love each other. BFFs
Monday, Sara and I went out to Gilbert for a photo shoot with Josh. He had some new ideas he wanted to try. I snapped these pics of him working with Sara.
Here are a couple of the finished photos. He likes the more artsy vogue expressions, not the big smiles that I love, but they are still gorgeous!
Thursday, MCO rehearsal was massive. All 5 different age groups of choirs met together with the orchestra. There was close to 2,000 people in that auditorium. It was incredible!!! I wasn't feeling well, so Richard took the kids to choir and helped out there for me. I sure was sad to miss it.

However, I took a bunch of ibuprofen and went to opening night of The Little Mermaid. Daniel was the cutest frog ever!!! He is in the ensemble and is also the understudy for Chef Louis. His friends all adore him and loved having him in the play with them!
Matthew Lundberg, Daniel and Isabelle Hunsaker
Prince Eric, the frog and Ariel
Matthew is Daniel's best friend at school. They are so adorable!
They all had a great opening night!
When we got home from the play, the kids had just gotten home from choir. I'm not sure what Freddy was doing, but it needed to be photographed.
KenaDee was in town for the Twentyone Pilots concert and happened to see us pull in the driveway, so she came in to say hi. It was a happy reunion! Sebastian even joined in the pic on Sara's phone.
Friday night, Gram and Papa brought Ella and Madi to see The Little Mermaid. I brought Sara, Andrew, Laney and Susanna. Rich and Freddy would have come, but they had to work late. It was an even better performance than opening night!
Ella, Susie and Laney
Laney, Sara and Andrew
Madi and I
Papa and Gram
The sets were pretty and Isabelle was an incredible Ariel!!!
You can see the back of Daniel. He is the second person on the left, dancing his froggy heart out!
There he is right in the center singing Kiss the Girl. He really owned being a frog.
He felt it to his core.
My cute froggy in the crowd!
With the fam
Isabelle is such a great friend to all of these guys. She is a gem!
Sebastian the crab (Chris) with our froggy
Saturday, the matinee performance was all the understudies. SOOO we got to see Daniel perform as Chef Louis! He did a fabulous job!!! He has such a great voice and amazing personality on stage. I'm so proud of his hard work!!
Gisela, Jim, Sammy, Vivian, and Susie in front
Laney, Andrew and Freddy behind
There is our Chef Louis!!!
The Daniel Alger fan club! He had a ton of friends come out to support him. It was awesome!
Kendall Fechter, Kensie Summers, Daniel, Laney, Kyli Summers, Kailee Walker
More pics of the family
The dudes
Sammy, Freddy, Daniel, Andrew, Nicolas Summers and Rich
Grammy with Chef Louis
The understudy cast!
Grammy was excited to meet Vivian!
They love their new sister Vivi!!
For the understudy cast Matthew was a seagull. He was hilarious! I love that Daniel has such great friends!
Daniel and Ursula (Elise)
Rich and Susanna went to see the main cast perform Saturday night. The rest of us stayed home and had a game night with Sam and Vivi!
Nic Summers joined us. We had a ton of fun!!
Rich got some pics of the Jordans, who came to see the show also.
Daniel and Maddie
The cast after the final show!
It was a great and busy week!!






















































No comments:
Post a Comment