Monday, September 22, 2008

Arrg Matey!


Ahoy ye land lovers! We had our third successful Talk Like A Pirate Day. It was fun to answer the phone in pirate and greet the kids in the morning with a good piratey ARRRG! The kids had fun as did Richard and I. Richard, being a programmer, changed the icons at his work to pirates and skull and cross bones. So when his co-workers went to their normal work application, it had been piratized. Sara taught her teacher to speak pirate. She told her to replace the word is in a sentence with the word be; for example "What be in yawr lunch today?" We went out in the evening and surprised a few people with a pirate song and fresh strawberry jam. It was fun and VERY silly. I am sure this is a tradition that will continue on for many years.

3 comments:

  1. That's so fun! Thanks for taking Tyson and Lucas with you. I think that is a really exciting tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun family tradition. In fact I remember a few years ago when some pirates came knocking on our door. They sang us a song, and gave us some cookies. These pirates are all right by me;)

    ReplyDelete