Thursday, Rich and I started the day off at my favorite antique mall in Annapolis. We discovered it 2 years ago when I was there with the older kids, my mom and Aunt Kathy. It is huge and is full of so many nooks and crannies, filled with treasures and oddities. I love antiquing!
This is the creepy doll closet. Laney remembered the picture of it from last time, so I took another.
We found china that matches one of my mom's sets.
Richard found a pocket knife he loved and I found a pair of earrings for Sara.
While we were out treasure hunting, the kids went with Amanda to see Despicable Me 3.
Then they went to the Amish Market. We went to meet them there, but the kids were ready to go home and play with Lego. So, Rich and I browsed the market by ourselves.
Shortly after arriving back at the Blakeley's, we grabbed our kiddos and went to the Arlington National Cemetery on our way to see Aunt Kathy and Uncle Alan in Arlington.
We all loved to watch the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier.
We walked around most of the cemetery and enjoyed looking at all the headstones, especially the older monument ones. We were sad to find the Custis - Lee house closed for restorations. The older kids had really enjoyed that tour, so we were hoping to take the tour. Oh well, we still enjoyed our visit.
We were excited to see Aunt Kathy and to meet Uncle Alan. They were getting ready for an estate sale and had moved out of there home, but we were able to have a tour. The kids thought it was super cool with all the different little rooms and being 4 different levels including the basement and attic.
It's such a cute little house!
This crazy tree was in the park behind their house. It just grew this way.
They climbed the monkey bars for a few minutes before we headed back to the house.
Then they took us out to dinner at The Metro Dinner. It was DELICIOUS! And tons of food!! The three closest plates were my dinner. I couldn't even eat half of it. It was super yummy! I especially loved the freshly made feta cheese on my Greek salad.
The waiter gave the girls ice cream and free gigantic cookies!
It was a wonderful evening. We loved every minute with Kathy and Alan and were touched by their generosity. We love them both bunches!



















No comments:
Post a Comment