Monday, July 9, 2018

Utah Days 5 and 6

Monday morning, we cleaned and did laundry in preparation of the kids leaving for EFY. They had check in midday. On our way to the BYU campus, we saw on of our favorite comedians from Studio C, in the truck next to us. It was Jeremy!!! They kids were thrilled!




We met up with the Wrights at check-in. Tyson and Lucas were also attending EFY. 



We also saw Sammy there working as a counselor, helping with check-in.



After checking in and delivering their luggage to their dorm rooms, we went to the food court in the Wilkinson Center for lunch.




Then the kids all took off to meet with their companies back at the dorms. Andrew and Daniel were in the same dorm building as Sammy. The rest of the kids were up the hill in the newer dorms.

I helped Sara make her bed and met her roommate. I asked her if there was anything she was worried about. She said she just didn't want to get over heated or look like a tomato, all red faced. I made sure she had her sunscreen. She had it in her purse so she wouldn't forget it. Then I left, to make my way to the Bytheway's house. I would be staying with them until Wednesday. Yay!!!

Kim and I talked and talked catching up on life. Then we ran to the store to get some thing for dinner . We would be eating and hanging out with her family, the Loveridges, in the canyon. 

It was SO beautiful and COOL! We have been there with them before. Tiffany and her kids, Jennifer and her family, Grandma and Grandpa Loveridge, Amy and her family and of course Kim and John were all there. We had lots of wonderful conversations while sitting around the fire. I love the Loveridge family, and they always treat us like part of the family.

Diane, Joshua, Tiffany, Kim Steph




John



Me with my BFF, Kim


We talked more that night when we got back the house, but we went to bed at a reasonable time.

Tuesday morning, Kim had a school meeting she had to attend, so I went out to do a little shopping. When she was finished, we met at Chick-fil-a with her mom, Amy, Carrie and Tiffany with all their kids. It was dress like a cow day, to receive a free entree. The even brought spots for me to wear. Luckily, I had on a black and white dress.



When we got back to the house, Kim had to do some real estate studying. She is working on getting her license. I had a lovely time visiting with Natalie and the other kids while she studied. Andrew played the guitar and piano for me. It was beautiful!


After her studying, Kim took me out to drive around a wealthy neighborhood with incredible houses. We walked through one of her friend's homes that was in the process of being built. It was HUGE, at least 10,000 sq ft! It will be like a castle when it is finished. We also saw the street that the Romney family lives on. Mitt Romney's grandkids attend the school where Kim teaches. It really was an amazing neighborhood. I found this street while we were out driving, Laney Ave.


When we returned home, we sat on the back porch and talked until late, about midnight. Then we came inside to go to bed and talked for a couple more hours, finally going to bed after 2. We just can't talk enough, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment