Wednesday morning we slept in a bit and then hit the road for 7/11 day. It was July 11th, 7/11, so all the 7 Eleven stores were giving away free slushies. We went to at least 4 locations so the kids could keep getting free slushies. At that point we had to head back to the house because it was time for me to start driving to Idaho.
I love Kim! We can talk about anything and everything. She loves me just the way I am, and always makes me feel special and important when we are together. She makes my soul smile.
I love Kim! We can talk about anything and everything. She loves me just the way I am, and always makes me feel special and important when we are together. She makes my soul smile.
I had never been north of Bountiful, so my drive to Idaho was super fun. I enjoyed seeing all the different landscapes and view. I thought of Amanda Blakeley as I drove through Ogden. She grew up there. I talked on the phone with my mom as I drove. I was enjoying myself so much that I missed the turn to stay on I-15 and didn't realize it until I was almost to Burley, Idaho. It added about an hour and a half to my drive, but I didn't mind. I was talking to my mom and listening to a good book by Lynn Austin, another of my favorite authors.
When I arrived, I got settled at Ruth and Luc Comeau's house. They kindly agreed to letting me stay with them. It was wonderful to see them after 10 years. Wow! How time has flown by! After a little chat with Ruth and Luc, I headed over to Josh and Leigh's apartment. Josh was still at work, so Leigh hopped in the car with me and showed me around town. We got burgers for dinner at Freddy's. They were SO yummy! It was great to just talk and be together as girls.
Next, we made a stop at the Rexburg temple. It was beautiful and the weather was gorgeous too. A nice cool breeze followed us around the grounds. It was wonderful to be with Leigh! I have missed them tons since they have moved to Rexburg.
Isn't she the cutest!
We made it back to the apartment in time for Josh's arrival. His beaming smile was so amazing! I have missed it bunches.
We both turned to kiss each other on the cheek and almost kissed on the lips. It was an awkwardly funny moment. I've missed his goofiness in our home.
Thursday morning, I spent a little while talking with Ruth before picking up Josh and Leigh for our temple trip. They are so wonderful together! And SO SO CUTE!
Before doing a session in the Idaho Falls temple, we walked around the falls for a little while. It was a beautiful morning! I loved the coolness in the air. What a treat!
You can see the temple in the background of this one.
The flowers were all happy to see us!
The art work and murals in this temple were quite different from other temples I have been in. I loved soaking it all in! It was a wonderful experience to be there with Josh and Leigh.
We had Thai food for lunch!!!
We ran a few errands while in Idaho Falls. They don't have a Target in Rexburg. It was fun to run around with them and see them as a married couple.
We went back to their apartment and took a much needed nap. Then we went to the Comeau's for a fun evening. We visited for a little while and then Sophie wanted to show us her baby ducks. They were only a week old and SO adorable and fuzzy. We all went outside to enjoy the ducks and the cool evening air. Sophie is 16 now and is their only unmarried child. Laura got married in June and Jonathan, over a year ago.
It really was wonderful to have had a chance to renew our friendship. We picked up right where we left off and before we knew it, it was like no time had passed at all.
Those little duckies, Pebbles and Bam Bam, were crazy cute, waddling around and pecking at the sparkles on my shoes.
Sophie, Luc, Josh, Leigh and Ruth
They also got Sophie's chickens out for us. They were beautiful birds.
They never buy eggs. They showed us all the different colored shells they lay.
Leigh was giggling at how tickly they were to hold.
When they couldn't see each other they would start flipping out until you put them back together.
Awww... kissy, kissy
Sophie and Luc taught Josh and Leigh how to play Crokinole, a Canadian game, while Ruth and I went upstairs, to her bedroom, to talk. We talked gospel, mental health, anxiety, Touchpoints and just life in general.
We had a wonderful time! I took Josh and Leigh back to their apartment and visited for a few minutes before coming back to go to bed.
Friday, I sat in the kitchen with Ruth and we talked while she made these delicious egg "muffins". I love Ruthie!
After a late breakfast, I picked up Josh and Leigh and we went to the BYU Idaho campus. There is a huge garden on campus as part of their agricultural program and Josh and Leigh were excited to show it to me. It really was beautiful! There were lots of paths to follow and shady sitting areas. I especially loved the orchard. There were tons of fruit trees including apple, cherry, apricot and plum.
This flower was huge and beautiful, but it smelled like stinky cheese.
Josh and Leigh are happy and sure do love each other.
Next on the list was a trip to the Rexburg Walmart. As we were shopping around we saw Sabrina Mitchell, a friend from church in AZ. She is going to school at BYU-I too.
Josh and Leigh said it was fun to shop at Walmart without a time limit. Normally they have to ride the Walmart shuttle and only have 45 minutes to do all their shopping.
We drove around the fancy neighborhoods up on the hill and by the temple to look at the beautiful houses. There were some pretty incredible ones! It was a lot of fun to dream with them.
For dinner, we drove out of town a little ways to go to their favorite burger joint, Big Juds.
It was not disappointing. Their burgers were huge and super delicious!
I got mine on lettuce. It still was huge and SO yummy!
Josh and Leigh shared a cone of huckleberry ice cream and some Hawaiian flavored sherbet on top.
When we got back to their apartment, we relaxed a bit and talked more. As we were sitting there, I kept getting the feeling that I needed to leave and drive down to Provo that night instead of waiting until morning. I didn't really want to since I was super tired and felt more like going to bed early. They feeling just wouldn't go away. I couldn't think of any reason I needed to leave, but when I finally decided to stop fighting the impression and just pack up and go, I felt much better.
I was able to be alert and arrived in Provo at about 10 pm. Aunt Marilyn waited up for me and we had a nice visit.
I still don't know why I felt impressed to go that night, but I'm glad I decided to follow the prompting.






































No comments:
Post a Comment